Women's Soccer Team Falls to Daemen College
Team ends a brilliant season with a 13-2 record
After a tough double overtime win over Albany Pharmacy the previous night, the women's soccer team was Un able to muster a victory against a Daemen College of Amherst, N.Y. in the semifinals of the 2014 USCAA Soccer National Tournament held in Charleston, W.V.
Much of the first half was evenly played by both teams, matching up equally on shots and corner kicks. ESF's best scoring opportunity in the first half came at the 29-minute mark with a powerful shot from within the box by senior Bridget Cuddihy. The shot was stopped by the Daemen goal keeper. Daemen was able to get ahead 1-0 with a goal at the 32-minute of the first half.
During the second half, the game could have gone either way, both teams mounting equal attacks. ESF had plenty of scoring chances but was unable to cash in on any of them.
The Mighty Oaks finish its season with a program-best 13-2 record. Cuddihy lead the team with 18 goals. Sophomore Heather Carl lead the team in assists with 11. Sophomore goal keeper Kiki Hilmer lead the nation in goals against average (.086), Hilmer and the Mighty Oaks defense also recorded 11 shutouts during the season.
More ESF News
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210