Governor Cuomo Speaks at ESF
Governor draws capacity crowd to Gateway Center
N.Y. Governor Andrew Cuomo made a stop at ESF Feb 5 to talk about his 2015 budget proposal.
More than 200 people - members of the college community, local elected officials, and civic and business leaders filled the Gateway Center conference facility to hear the governor speak.
Cuomo called ESF "a great organization" as he began his 45-minute presentation. He focused his speech on proposals involving economic opportunity, education reform, public safety and ethics reform.
He urged the members of the audience to speak out if they support his budget proposal, telling them, "Your voice matters more than anything else."
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210