Governor Cuomo Speaks at ESF
Governor draws capacity crowd to Gateway Center
N.Y. Governor Andrew Cuomo made a stop at ESF Feb 5 to talk about his 2015 budget proposal.
More than 200 people - members of the college community, local elected officials, and civic and business leaders filled the Gateway Center conference facility to hear the governor speak.
Cuomo called ESF "a great organization" as he began his 45-minute presentation. He focused his speech on proposals involving economic opportunity, education reform, public safety and ethics reform.
He urged the members of the audience to speak out if they support his budget proposal, telling them, "Your voice matters more than anything else."
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210