Freshman Shines at Deneault Memorial Invitational
Gordinier fourth in 60-meter dash
Freshman phenom Shannon Gordinier continued her high level of performance in the 60-meter dash at the Marc Deneault Memorial Invitational at Cornell University Feb. 21.
Gordinier finished in fourth place, competing against several athletes from Division I programs. Her time of 7.74 seconds puts her in a tie for third place nationally among all Division III schools. Gordinier also captured a top-10 finish in the women's 200-meter dash (sixth, 26.21).
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri finished in 17th place with a time of 2:02 out of 34 runners in the men's 800-meter run. The men's 4x800-meter relay team consisting of junior Dan McGraw, sophomore Ryan Mackerer, freshman Nick Giordano and Arcuri finished in third place out of eight teams with a time of 8:29.
The Mighty Oaks track and field team will compete next at the Alfred State Outdoor Invitational April 4.
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210