Saturday, May 25, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
A First and Second Place for ESF Woodsmen's Team
ESF hosted the 5th annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry Woodsmen's Team hosted the fifth annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup March 27 at the College's Lafayette Road Experiment Station.
Teams from Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College, Penn State University, SUNY Cobleskill and Alfred State College competed.
The ESF women took first place in their competition, ahead of Paul Smith's in second place and Finger Lakes Community College in third. The men's team came in second. Paul Smith's College finished first in the men's division and Finger Lakes was third.
Finishing first through third in the co-ed Jack-and-Jill competition were Alfred, Cobleskill and Paul Smith's.
Woodmen's competitions feature contests in traditional logging techniques, including horizontal chop, ax throw and pole climb.
Upcoming Woodsmen team events:
- Mud Meet, April 9-11, hosted by Colby College, Waterville, Me.
- Spring Meet, April 23-24, hosted by Paul Smith's College