Track Team Starts Season with High Hopes
Season gets underway Jan. 23
The 2016 Mighty Oaks track season gets underway Jan. 23 at Hamilton College.
The team looks to improve as it begins its third year of competition. For the men's squad, returning veterans are seniors Tom Arcuri, Nick Giordano and Dan McGraw; and juniors Peter LeDuc and Ryan Mackerer. Several of the team members were part of the cross-country team that finished in second place at the USCAA national championships this past fall. Newcomers on the men's team include Sean Satchwell, Dustin Monk and James Boyd. Jake Finkelstein will anchor the throwing events for the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team will be without its sensational sprinter Shannon Gordinier, who is out with an injury. Returning for the women's team are seniors Andrea Szewczyk and Cara Keogh, junior Allison Cronk and sophomore Emily Verbeck. Looking to make major contributions are freshmen Marissa Lathrop, a USCAA cross-country All-American; and Haley Smalley, Erin Cuddihy and Sarah Wohlfhart. Ji Ann Greenberg will bolster the triple- and long-jumps roster, while Hunter Longenberger will return in the throwing arena.
The team will compete in four indoor meets and is scheduled to compete in two outdoor meets. Head Coach John View looks forward to an exciting and rewarding season.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210