Track Team Starts Season with High Hopes
Season gets underway Jan. 23
The 2016 Mighty Oaks track season gets underway Jan. 23 at Hamilton College.
The team looks to improve as it begins its third year of competition. For the men's squad, returning veterans are seniors Tom Arcuri, Nick Giordano and Dan McGraw; and juniors Peter LeDuc and Ryan Mackerer. Several of the team members were part of the cross-country team that finished in second place at the USCAA national championships this past fall. Newcomers on the men's team include Sean Satchwell, Dustin Monk and James Boyd. Jake Finkelstein will anchor the throwing events for the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team will be without its sensational sprinter Shannon Gordinier, who is out with an injury. Returning for the women's team are seniors Andrea Szewczyk and Cara Keogh, junior Allison Cronk and sophomore Emily Verbeck. Looking to make major contributions are freshmen Marissa Lathrop, a USCAA cross-country All-American; and Haley Smalley, Erin Cuddihy and Sarah Wohlfhart. Ji Ann Greenberg will bolster the triple- and long-jumps roster, while Hunter Longenberger will return in the throwing arena.
The team will compete in four indoor meets and is scheduled to compete in two outdoor meets. Head Coach John View looks forward to an exciting and rewarding season.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210