Track Team Starts Season with High Hopes
Season gets underway Jan. 23
The 2016 Mighty Oaks track season gets underway Jan. 23 at Hamilton College.
The team looks to improve as it begins its third year of competition. For the men's squad, returning veterans are seniors Tom Arcuri, Nick Giordano and Dan McGraw; and juniors Peter LeDuc and Ryan Mackerer. Several of the team members were part of the cross-country team that finished in second place at the USCAA national championships this past fall. Newcomers on the men's team include Sean Satchwell, Dustin Monk and James Boyd. Jake Finkelstein will anchor the throwing events for the Mighty Oaks.
The women's team will be without its sensational sprinter Shannon Gordinier, who is out with an injury. Returning for the women's team are seniors Andrea Szewczyk and Cara Keogh, junior Allison Cronk and sophomore Emily Verbeck. Looking to make major contributions are freshmen Marissa Lathrop, a USCAA cross-country All-American; and Haley Smalley, Erin Cuddihy and Sarah Wohlfhart. Ji Ann Greenberg will bolster the triple- and long-jumps roster, while Hunter Longenberger will return in the throwing arena.
The team will compete in four indoor meets and is scheduled to compete in two outdoor meets. Head Coach John View looks forward to an exciting and rewarding season.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210