ESF Runners Compete in Cross-Country Only Conference
Women finish fifth; men finish sixth
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's cross-country teams competed in the Cross Country Only Conference Championship Oct. 16 at Seneca Lake State Park Geneva.
The ESF men placed sixth out of 15 teams with 146 runners participating. The Mighty Oaks men finished with a score of 182 in the 8-kilometer race. Clarkson University took first, with SUNY-IT placing second and Paul Smith's College placing third. Sophomore Collin Bartholomew led the Mighty Oaks in 15th place, followed by Matt DeLuca, freshman, 34th; John Swass, sophomore, 39th; Mike Miles, junior, 51st; Ian McLaughlin, freshman, 71st; Matt Allen, sophomore, 74th; Dan Hohl, junior, 76th; Owen Hunter, senior, 94th; Nathan Sleight, freshman, 103rd; Sean Kernan, junior, 111th; and Joe Gerchman, sophomore, 117th.
The ESF women placed fifth overall out of 11 teams with 104 runners participating. The Mighty Oaks finished with a score of 119 in the 5-kilometer race. Hobart and William Smith Colleges placed first, followed by Daemen College in second and Clarkson University in third. ESF was led by Danielle Zgardzinski, freshman, in seventh place, followed by Derry Albert, freshman, 21st; Kristin Pasquino, sophomore, 26th; Bridget Bromm, freshman, 34th; Emily Martin, sophomore, 35th; Alice Gallagher, junior, 51st; Charlotte Evanofski, junior, 52nd; Meghan Brooks, freshman, 58th; and Olivia Stoken, sophomore, 64th.
The ESF men and women will compete next in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association Championships Nov. 5 in Concord, N.H.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210