ESF Runners Compete in Cross-Country Only Conference
Women finish fifth; men finish sixth
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's cross-country teams competed in the Cross Country Only Conference Championship Oct. 16 at Seneca Lake State Park Geneva.
The ESF men placed sixth out of 15 teams with 146 runners participating. The Mighty Oaks men finished with a score of 182 in the 8-kilometer race. Clarkson University took first, with SUNY-IT placing second and Paul Smith's College placing third. Sophomore Collin Bartholomew led the Mighty Oaks in 15th place, followed by Matt DeLuca, freshman, 34th; John Swass, sophomore, 39th; Mike Miles, junior, 51st; Ian McLaughlin, freshman, 71st; Matt Allen, sophomore, 74th; Dan Hohl, junior, 76th; Owen Hunter, senior, 94th; Nathan Sleight, freshman, 103rd; Sean Kernan, junior, 111th; and Joe Gerchman, sophomore, 117th.
The ESF women placed fifth overall out of 11 teams with 104 runners participating. The Mighty Oaks finished with a score of 119 in the 5-kilometer race. Hobart and William Smith Colleges placed first, followed by Daemen College in second and Clarkson University in third. ESF was led by Danielle Zgardzinski, freshman, in seventh place, followed by Derry Albert, freshman, 21st; Kristin Pasquino, sophomore, 26th; Bridget Bromm, freshman, 34th; Emily Martin, sophomore, 35th; Alice Gallagher, junior, 51st; Charlotte Evanofski, junior, 52nd; Meghan Brooks, freshman, 58th; and Olivia Stoken, sophomore, 64th.
The ESF men and women will compete next in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association Championships Nov. 5 in Concord, N.H.
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210