Saturday, May 25, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
Cross Country: Men Win Meet, Women Place Second
Mighty Oaks men earn first-place finish for first time
The ESF men's cross-country team finished in first place for the first time in the program's two-year history, winning the Heron Invitational at Seneca Lake State Park Oct. 23.
The Mighty Oaks men were led by senior Luke Grasmeyer who placed first overall in the eight-kilometer race with a time of 27:45. He was followed by Collin Bartholomew, sophomore, 5th; John Swass, sophomore, 8th; Matt DeLuca, freshman, 11th; Mike Miles, junior, 12th; Ian McLaughlin, sophomore, 17th; Matt Allen, junior, 18th; Dan Hohl, junior, 19th; Adam Trautwig, junior, 21st; Owen Hunter, junior, 22nd; Nathan Sleight, freshman, 23rd; and Joe Gerchman, sophomore, 28th.
The ESF women's team was also successful, placing second behind William Smith College, earlier in the day at the same meet. The ESF women were led by freshman Danielle Zgardzinski, who placed second. She was followed by Derry Albert, freshman, 7th; Kristin Pasquino, sophomore, 8th; Emily Martin, sophomore, 9th; Charlotte Evanofski, sophomore, 12th; Bridget Bromm, sophomore, 13th; Abby McNinch, freshman, 15th; Kaitlin Larson, junior, 18th; and Olivia Stoken, freshman, 23rd.
The ESF men and women will compete in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association Championships Nov. 5 at New Hampshire Technical Institute in Concord, N.H.