ESF Team Scores Well in SAF Quiz Bowl
Students earn spot in 'Elite Eight' among 36 teams
A team of ESF students made it to the top eight teams during the Quiz Bowl that is part of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) annual convention.
The competition featured teams from 36 colleges and universities around the country. The Quiz Bowl uses a format based on the Jeopardy television show, with students supplying questions for the answers that are provided. The ESF team made it to the "Elite Eight."
The ESF team members were Margaret McKee a senior forest and natural resources management major from Altamont; Logan Quinn, a senior forest and natural resources management major from Keene Valley; Russell Martin, a senior forest and natural resources management major from Newton Falls; and Devon Bartholomew, a senior forest health major from Corfu.
The team's advisor is Dr. Rene' Germain, a professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management.
The SAF convention was in Albuquerque, N.M.
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210