ESF Team Scores Well in SAF Quiz Bowl
Students earn spot in 'Elite Eight' among 36 teams
A team of ESF students made it to the top eight teams during the Quiz Bowl that is part of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) annual convention.
The competition featured teams from 36 colleges and universities around the country. The Quiz Bowl uses a format based on the Jeopardy television show, with students supplying questions for the answers that are provided. The ESF team made it to the "Elite Eight."
The ESF team members were Margaret McKee a senior forest and natural resources management major from Altamont; Logan Quinn, a senior forest and natural resources management major from Keene Valley; Russell Martin, a senior forest and natural resources management major from Newton Falls; and Devon Bartholomew, a senior forest health major from Corfu.
The team's advisor is Dr. Rene' Germain, a professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management.
The SAF convention was in Albuquerque, N.M.
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210