ESF Team Scores Well in SAF Quiz Bowl
Students earn spot in 'Elite Eight' among 36 teams
A team of ESF students made it to the top eight teams during the Quiz Bowl that is part of the Society of American Foresters (SAF) annual convention.
The competition featured teams from 36 colleges and universities around the country. The Quiz Bowl uses a format based on the Jeopardy television show, with students supplying questions for the answers that are provided. The ESF team made it to the "Elite Eight."
The ESF team members were Margaret McKee a senior forest and natural resources management major from Altamont; Logan Quinn, a senior forest and natural resources management major from Keene Valley; Russell Martin, a senior forest and natural resources management major from Newton Falls; and Devon Bartholomew, a senior forest health major from Corfu.
The team's advisor is Dr. Rene' Germain, a professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management.
The SAF convention was in Albuquerque, N.M.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210