Woodsmen 2nd at East Coast Lumberjack Roundup
Men's, women's teams face off against six schools
The ESF Woodsmen's team hosted the East Coast Lumberjack Roundup at the Tully Field Station Nov. 5.
The competition featured six schools in addition to ESF and a team from the ESF Ranger School: Paul Smith's College, Finger Lakes Community College, Alfred State College, SUNY Cobleskill, Penn State and Morrisville State.
The ESF men's squad finished in second place overall after Paul Smith's College. The Woodsmen were led by Ethan Hall, who competed in the Timber Sports U.S. Championships last summer. Hall finished first in the hard hit competition and the underhand chop doubles event with Tim Pietrzykowski. The men's squad also finished first in the pulp toss.
On the women's side, the team consisting of Michelle Vasiloff, Racheal Smith, Hope Mahon, Eliza Phillips, Juliana Ofalt and Alexa Denoff finished first in the team log roll event. Phillips placed first in the firebuild competition while Vasiloff finished first in the cookie stack event.
The Woodsmen will be back in action next spring at the Alfred State Pioneer Woodsmen Competition April 1.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210