Mighty Oaks Basketball Players Win Conference Awards
Senior Ryan Caldwell named HVIAC Player of the Year
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball season ended in a tough loss against USCAA defending national champions Berkeley College, 97-47, at the Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (HVIAC) tournament in New Rochelle.
On the bright side, the Mighty Oaks came away with several prestigious conference awards. Senior Captain Ryan Caldwell was named the HVIAC Player of the Year. Caldwell averaged 24 points and 10 rebounds over eight league games, posting double-doubles in five of them. The versatile guard/forward who earned Player of the Week honors four times this season shot 67.5 percent from the field leading the Mighty Oaks to their first winning season and becoming the first player to score 1,000 points in program history.
Fellow senior Captain Dan Treadwell was named to the all-conference team for the second year in a row. Treadwell averaged 11.4 points and 4.1 assists per game while shooting 80 percent from the free-throw line in conference play.
Lastly, Head Coach Scott Blair was named HVIAC Coach of the Year. Blair led ESF to the most wins in a season and his team qualified for post-season play for the second year in a row.
"It was a tough end to the season but congratulations to these Oaks for all of their hard work this year. Thanks to our seniors Jared Bard, Ryan Caldwell and Dan Treadwell for all of their leadership in a historic season for the Mighty Oaks basketball program," said Blair.
The team finished the season with an 11-11 overall record, 5-3 in HVIAC conference play.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210