Mighty Oaks Basketball Players Win Conference Awards
Senior Ryan Caldwell named HVIAC Player of the Year
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball season ended in a tough loss against USCAA defending national champions Berkeley College, 97-47, at the Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (HVIAC) tournament in New Rochelle.
On the bright side, the Mighty Oaks came away with several prestigious conference awards. Senior Captain Ryan Caldwell was named the HVIAC Player of the Year. Caldwell averaged 24 points and 10 rebounds over eight league games, posting double-doubles in five of them. The versatile guard/forward who earned Player of the Week honors four times this season shot 67.5 percent from the field leading the Mighty Oaks to their first winning season and becoming the first player to score 1,000 points in program history.
Fellow senior Captain Dan Treadwell was named to the all-conference team for the second year in a row. Treadwell averaged 11.4 points and 4.1 assists per game while shooting 80 percent from the free-throw line in conference play.
Lastly, Head Coach Scott Blair was named HVIAC Coach of the Year. Blair led ESF to the most wins in a season and his team qualified for post-season play for the second year in a row.
"It was a tough end to the season but congratulations to these Oaks for all of their hard work this year. Thanks to our seniors Jared Bard, Ryan Caldwell and Dan Treadwell for all of their leadership in a historic season for the Mighty Oaks basketball program," said Blair.
The team finished the season with an 11-11 overall record, 5-3 in HVIAC conference play.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210