Thursday, July 31, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Newcomb Campus Hosts 2014 Biotic Interactions ‘BioBlitz’
- AIC Introduces Artist-in-Residence Program
- ESF Faculty Members Honored for Outstanding Commitment
- ESF Professor Receives Achievement Award
2014 Biotechnology Symposium Held at Gateway Center
The 2014 Biotechnology Symposium hosted approximately 150 participants from more than a half-dozen states. The connections made between experienced and emerging professionals from academia and industry help to keep biotechnology in New York ever expanding. Please save the date for next year's Symposium at Brookhaven National Laboratory, May 12 and 13, 2015. READ MORE
ESF Chemistry Graduates Obtain Faculty Positions
Three join faculties at different universities
Three recent Ph.D. graduates from the ESF Department of Chemistry accepted faculty positions in the past few months.
• Dr. Emily White is joining the Chemistry Department at Sewanee: The University of the South.
• Dr. Christopher Spiese is joining the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Ohio Northern University.
• Dr. Rebecca Jarrell will join the Chemistry Department at the University of the Redlands.
White obtained her Ph.D. in 2007. Spiese and Jarrell earned theirs in 2010.
Dr. David Kieber served as major professor to White and Spiese, while Dr. John Hassett served as major professor for Jarrell.
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210