ESF Chemistry Graduates Obtain Faculty Positions
Three join faculties at different universities
Three recent Ph.D. graduates from the ESF Department of Chemistry accepted faculty positions in the past few months.
• Dr. Emily White is joining the Chemistry Department at Sewanee: The University of the South.
• Dr. Christopher Spiese is joining the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Ohio Northern University.
• Dr. Rebecca Jarrell will join the Chemistry Department at the University of the Redlands.
White obtained her Ph.D. in 2007. Spiese and Jarrell earned theirs in 2010.
Dr. David Kieber served as major professor to White and Spiese, while Dr. John Hassett served as major professor for Jarrell.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210