ESF Launches New Logo
Hundreds in the ESF community participate in selection
This image is not to be reproduced. If you would like to request a copy of the SUNY-ESF logo to use for college-related activities, please contact the ESF Office of Communications at 315-470-6650.
ESF has unveiled a new College logo that has a contemporary feel while acknowledging the College's deep forestry roots.
The new "leaf and acorn" logo was developed by ESF's Office of Communications and was the frontrunner in a survey of ESF alumni, students, faculty, and staff. The logo was updated because "many members of the College community felt the previous ESF logo had an outdated look and did not communicate the College's desired image of institutional vitality, quality and prestige," said Robert C. French, vice president for enrollment management and marketing.
"The College administration has considered a logo change for some time, and our Communications Office agreed to accept this challenge knowing that it might be difficult to reach consensus on this somewhat emotional and subjective design project. In the end, I think we developed a process that provided us with a lot of helpful input and suggestions, and we're pleased with the final results," he said.
Almost 1,900 ESF students, faculty, staff and alumni participated in the first round of the logo project conducted during the fall 2007 semester. Respondents used a web-based survey site to provide ratings for seven proposed logo alternatives, and provided more than 50 additional pages of email comments. Communications staff used that input to narrow the selection to two of the original choices and to develop a new option for consideration in a second round of the rating process. More than 1,000 people responded to the second round survey, resulting in the selection of the new logo.
The new logo will soon be seen on College publications, stationery, business cards, signs and merchandise.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210