Mighty Oaks Compete at Geneseo Invitational
Runners set two school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's outdoor track season got underway at the Geneseo Invitational this past weekend. Despite strong winds and brisk race conditions, team members managed to set two school records.
Junior Marissa Lathrop set a new school record in the 5K with a time of 19:36, giving her a seventh-place finish overall out of 29 runners. Lathrop now owns three outdoor track school records.
Senior Laura Wengert also had a strong finish in the 5K race, placing one spot after Lathrop, eighth overall with a time of 19:42.
The men's 4x400 relay team smashed the previous school record by eight seconds with a time of 3:44. The team, comprising freshmen Anders Proft, Ethan Ballard and Buck Haines, and senior James Longo, finished fifth out of nine teams.
In the men's 5k race, freshman Mark McClenahan placed 29th overall with a time 16:55 in a crowded race featuring 51 runners.
A small contingent from the team will compete April 7 at St. Lawerence University in the Saints Ice Broken Open.
Recent ESF News
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210