Mighty Oaks Compete at Geneseo Invitational
Runners set two school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's outdoor track season got underway at the Geneseo Invitational this past weekend. Despite strong winds and brisk race conditions, team members managed to set two school records.
Junior Marissa Lathrop set a new school record in the 5K with a time of 19:36, giving her a seventh-place finish overall out of 29 runners. Lathrop now owns three outdoor track school records.
Senior Laura Wengert also had a strong finish in the 5K race, placing one spot after Lathrop, eighth overall with a time of 19:42.
The men's 4x400 relay team smashed the previous school record by eight seconds with a time of 3:44. The team, comprising freshmen Anders Proft, Ethan Ballard and Buck Haines, and senior James Longo, finished fifth out of nine teams.
In the men's 5k race, freshman Mark McClenahan placed 29th overall with a time 16:55 in a crowded race featuring 51 runners.
A small contingent from the team will compete April 7 at St. Lawerence University in the Saints Ice Broken Open.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210