MIghty Oaks Weekend Recap - April 16
The men's and women's track team traveled to Cortland April 13 to participate in the Please Stop Snowing Team Challenge hosted by Cortland State. The team was scheduled to run at the University of Rochester Invitational April14 but the race was cancelled due to inclimate weather.
The Mighty Oaks women's team performed brilliantly in the 5,000-meter run with ESF runners finishing in the top three. Senior Laura Wengert placed first with a time of 19:59, freshman Erin Cocca finished second with a time of 20:15 and freshman Julie Romano finished third with a time of 20:20.
Junior Marissa Lathrop broke two school records in both the 800-meter and 400-meter races. Lathrop finished third overall in the 800-meter race with a time of 2:23.9. Her time of 1:02.25 in the 400-meter race gave her a ninth place overall finish.
For the men's team, junior Ben Wasserman finished in second place in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 16:45. Freshman Mark McClenahan finished fifth overall (16:57) in the same race.
Sophomore Sam Schneider finished seventh out of 17 runners in the 800-meter race with a time of 2:07.34.
Weather permitting, the Mighty Oaks track teams will compete at the HVIAC League Meet, April 21 at Albany Pharmacy.
The ESF woodsmen team traveled to Finger Lakes Community College. The men's team finished second overall, placing first in several events including the axe throw, team bow saw and team log rolling.
The women's team won several individual events including team crosscut, bow saw, log roll and pack board relay. The women's team finished third overall in their division.
The Jack and Jill team placed second overall.
The woodsmen team will travel to Cobleskill April 21.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210