Woodmen's Team Competes in Pioneer Competition
ESF women's team wins first place
The ESF Woodsmen's team competed April 9 in the First Inaugural Pioneer Woodsmen Competition April 9 at SUNY Alfred. The women's team took first-place honors.
The women's team earned 1,291 points, winning the team cross-cut, pulp toss, and triples splitting events. Team members scoring first-place finishes were Lauren Mitchell and Cassandra Pinkoski in the doubles water boil/fire build, Natalie Scheibel in fly casting, Alex von Bieberstein in single bucksaw and Lauren Mitchell in the stock saw event.
The women's team was awarded a new Tuatahi racing axe.
The Jack-and-Jill team took fourth in the competion, with 953 points. Jess Nicholas placed first in the stock saw event within this division and Matt Cornell placed first in fly casting.
The men's A team, finishing sixth overall with 988 points, placed third in team cross-cut, log roll and pulp toss. The men's B team placed seventh, with 909 points.
The ESF Woodsmen's team will compete April 29 and 30 at the 65thAnnual Spring Meet Competition and Stihl Collegiate Challenge, hosted this year at SUNY Cobleskill. The competition will draw teams from across the Northeast. Events will include the traditional sawing and chopping events as well as canoeing.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210