Dr. Christopher Nomura Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
Researcher recognized for exemplary research activity
Dr. Christopher Nomura has been honored with the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Exemplary Researcher Award. The award recognizes a current researcher who has exemplary research activity, an impressive publication record and active graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Since coming to ESF in April 2006, Nomura has secured $3.8 million in grant funding from numerous organizations including the National Science Foundation, Tokyo University of Science, U.S. Department of Energy, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture McIntire Stennis program.
Nomura, an assistant professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry, specializes in the fields of microbiology, biotechnology and molecular biology with special interest in using molecular techniques to improve the supply of precursors for biobased products. He has submitted three notices of technology disclosure for patent applications.
By invitation, he has given 17 presentations in the past five years throughout the United States, China and Japan and served as advisor for graduate and post-doctorate students through their course of study.
This award, which is made annually, provides a $5,000 research account that can roll over for three years. Nomura will present a campuswide research seminar highlighting his work as the first seminar in the Adaptive Peaks Series during the 2011-12 academic year.
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210