Dr. Christopher Nomura Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
Researcher recognized for exemplary research activity
Dr. Christopher Nomura has been honored with the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Exemplary Researcher Award. The award recognizes a current researcher who has exemplary research activity, an impressive publication record and active graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Since coming to ESF in April 2006, Nomura has secured $3.8 million in grant funding from numerous organizations including the National Science Foundation, Tokyo University of Science, U.S. Department of Energy, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture McIntire Stennis program.
Nomura, an assistant professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry, specializes in the fields of microbiology, biotechnology and molecular biology with special interest in using molecular techniques to improve the supply of precursors for biobased products. He has submitted three notices of technology disclosure for patent applications.
By invitation, he has given 17 presentations in the past five years throughout the United States, China and Japan and served as advisor for graduate and post-doctorate students through their course of study.
This award, which is made annually, provides a $5,000 research account that can roll over for three years. Nomura will present a campuswide research seminar highlighting his work as the first seminar in the Adaptive Peaks Series during the 2011-12 academic year.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210