Dr. Christopher Nomura Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
Researcher recognized for exemplary research activity
Dr. Christopher Nomura has been honored with the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Exemplary Researcher Award. The award recognizes a current researcher who has exemplary research activity, an impressive publication record and active graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Since coming to ESF in April 2006, Nomura has secured $3.8 million in grant funding from numerous organizations including the National Science Foundation, Tokyo University of Science, U.S. Department of Energy, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture McIntire Stennis program.
Nomura, an assistant professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry, specializes in the fields of microbiology, biotechnology and molecular biology with special interest in using molecular techniques to improve the supply of precursors for biobased products. He has submitted three notices of technology disclosure for patent applications.
By invitation, he has given 17 presentations in the past five years throughout the United States, China and Japan and served as advisor for graduate and post-doctorate students through their course of study.
This award, which is made annually, provides a $5,000 research account that can roll over for three years. Nomura will present a campuswide research seminar highlighting his work as the first seminar in the Adaptive Peaks Series during the 2011-12 academic year.
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210