Energy for the FutureA dedication ceremony celebrating the SUNY-ESF carbonate fuel cell
Held February 21, 2006,
Hosted by the New York Power Authority, the
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and
SUNY-ESF was the site of a dedication ceremony for the college's carbonate fuel cell. The ceremony was held February 21 on the college campus.
Officials from the New York Power Authority and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority joined ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr. in dedicating the fuel cell, which drives a fuel cell-based combined heat and power system that provides on-site power generation. The waste heat from the fuel cell is used for domestic hot water, space heating or space cooling on the campus.
NYPA and NYSERDA provided funding to assist the college’s acquisition of the fuel cell.
Read more about ESF's carbonate fuel cell:
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210