Energy for the FutureA dedication ceremony celebrating the SUNY-ESF carbonate fuel cell
Held February 21, 2006,
Hosted by the New York Power Authority, the
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and
SUNY-ESF was the site of a dedication ceremony for the college's carbonate fuel cell. The ceremony was held February 21 on the college campus.
Officials from the New York Power Authority and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority joined ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr. in dedicating the fuel cell, which drives a fuel cell-based combined heat and power system that provides on-site power generation. The waste heat from the fuel cell is used for domestic hot water, space heating or space cooling on the campus.
NYPA and NYSERDA provided funding to assist the college’s acquisition of the fuel cell.
Read more about ESF's carbonate fuel cell:
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath — Here’s the Global Scope
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210