ESF Earns Place as 'Cutting-Edge' School in Kaplan Guide
2008 edition of "You Are Here"
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among 25 “Cutting-Edge Schools” in the 2008 edition of “You Are Here,” a college guide by Kaplan Publishing.
The cutting-edge schools are tied to what are described as “50 of today’s hottest career paths.” Those paths include several ESF specialties: chemistry, environmental engineering, environmental science and hydrology, and landscape architecture.
“The typical ESF student is—no surprise here—outdoorsy and committed to environmental responsibility,” the book states.
“ESF students forego football in favor of their nationally ranked Woodsmen’s Team—we said it’s outdoorsy—and soccer, golf and hockey clubs.”
Kaplan produces more than 150 titles annually on topics such as test preparation, college and graduate school admissions, and finance and investing.
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210