ESF Hauls out the Holly for Everson Museum’s Festival of Trees
November 30 through December 9
ESF will be decking the halls of the Everson Museum in December. The College has donated a decorated wreath to the annual Festival of Trees.
The ESF wreath, “Adirondack Christmas,” celebrates the holiday season as experienced from the College’s nearly 20,000 acres of teaching, research and demonstration properties within the Adirondacks. The wreath is adorned with ornaments featuring native Adirondack animals — moose, bear, and birds – whimsically enjoying environmentally friendly recreational activities such as skiing, fishing, and sledding.
ESF operates The Ranger School in Wanakena, where students study forest technology and land surveying technology; the Adirondack Ecological Center in Newcomb, where researchers provide the science that underpins the management of the park; and Pack Demonstration Forest in Warrensburg, which hosts environmental education camps run by the state Department of Environmental Conservation.
The Festival of Trees runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 30 through December 9.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210