ESF Professor is Contributing Editor to Policy Journal
Social theory and environment focus of symposium
Dr. David A. Sonnenfeld, ESF professor of environmental studies, is contributing co-editor for a featured symposium on "Social Theory and the Environment in the New World (dis)Order" to be published in the August 2011 issue of Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions.
Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions is an internationally leading environmental policy journal.
Developed from papers presented at the XVII World Congress of Sociology in Gothenburg, Sweden, the collection includes analyses of the impact of global economic and political realignment on climate change negotiations, Also examined are China's economic ascent and Africa's environment, new frontiers of governance in biotechnology, alternative paradigms of global food governance, the usefulness of social theories of practice for the study of consumer behavior, and novel ways of envisioning cities as more sustainable ecosystems.
The symposium is co-edited by Arthur P.J. Mol of Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210