ESF Professor is Contributing Editor to Policy Journal
Social theory and environment focus of symposium
Dr. David A. Sonnenfeld, ESF professor of environmental studies, is contributing co-editor for a featured symposium on "Social Theory and the Environment in the New World (dis)Order" to be published in the August 2011 issue of Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions.
Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions is an internationally leading environmental policy journal.
Developed from papers presented at the XVII World Congress of Sociology in Gothenburg, Sweden, the collection includes analyses of the impact of global economic and political realignment on climate change negotiations, Also examined are China's economic ascent and Africa's environment, new frontiers of governance in biotechnology, alternative paradigms of global food governance, the usefulness of social theories of practice for the study of consumer behavior, and novel ways of envisioning cities as more sustainable ecosystems.
The symposium is co-edited by Arthur P.J. Mol of Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210