ESF Professor is Contributing Editor to Policy Journal
Social theory and environment focus of symposium
Dr. David A. Sonnenfeld, ESF professor of environmental studies, is contributing co-editor for a featured symposium on "Social Theory and the Environment in the New World (dis)Order" to be published in the August 2011 issue of Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions.
Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions is an internationally leading environmental policy journal.
Developed from papers presented at the XVII World Congress of Sociology in Gothenburg, Sweden, the collection includes analyses of the impact of global economic and political realignment on climate change negotiations, Also examined are China's economic ascent and Africa's environment, new frontiers of governance in biotechnology, alternative paradigms of global food governance, the usefulness of social theories of practice for the study of consumer behavior, and novel ways of envisioning cities as more sustainable ecosystems.
The symposium is co-edited by Arthur P.J. Mol of Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210