ESF Professor is Contributing Editor to Policy Journal
Social theory and environment focus of symposium
Dr. David A. Sonnenfeld, ESF professor of environmental studies, is contributing co-editor for a featured symposium on "Social Theory and the Environment in the New World (dis)Order" to be published in the August 2011 issue of Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions.
Global Environmental Change: Human and Policy Dimensions is an internationally leading environmental policy journal.
Developed from papers presented at the XVII World Congress of Sociology in Gothenburg, Sweden, the collection includes analyses of the impact of global economic and political realignment on climate change negotiations, Also examined are China's economic ascent and Africa's environment, new frontiers of governance in biotechnology, alternative paradigms of global food governance, the usefulness of social theories of practice for the study of consumer behavior, and novel ways of envisioning cities as more sustainable ecosystems.
The symposium is co-edited by Arthur P.J. Mol of Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210