Want to learn about invasive beetles?
ESF student Jake Wickham, just back from China, took a break from his State Fair duties to talk about his research.
ESF at the State Fair on Thursday, August 26, 2008, featured the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology with information, exhibits, hands-on materials and answers to fair-goers' questions about biotechnology, aquatic and fisheries science, entomology, and invasive plant species.
WSTM TV pulled graduate student Jake Wickham from the ESF booth for an interview on the six-o'clock news about the Asian long-horned beetle (ALB). It was a timely request, as Wickham was just two days back from China ,where he spent ten weeks researching the ALB in its native habitat.
Wickham's NSF EAPSI fellowship ended just a couple days before the start of the Beijing Olympics. His cap is a souvenir from the extra days Wickham stayed in China to catch the games.
- ESF Education a Family Affair for Schiavone Brothers
- Oakie Flies into Final Four
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-Le Moyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210