SUNY-ESF Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Featured on WCNY'S "Food for Thought"
State Fair visitors sample science and a tasty treat
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The SUNY-ESF booth at the 2008 New York State Fair offered hands-on demonstrations and activities showcasing a number of the College's academic departments. Visitors during the 12-day fair (Aug. 21 through Sept. 1) had the opportunity to make paper, sample liquid nitrogen ice cream, discover the power of water, make a birdfeeder, and learn about the latest in the environmental sciences.
WCNY's Chris Xaver stopped by the ESF booth on September 28 where Drs. Dave Keiber and Kelley Donaghy of ESF's chemistry department showed her the ice cream making process and explained a little science at the same time.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210