SUNY-ESF Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Featured on WCNY'S "Food for Thought"
State Fair visitors sample science and a tasty treat
The SUNY-ESF booth at the 2008 New York State Fair offered hands-on demonstrations and activities showcasing a number of the College's academic departments. Visitors during the 12-day fair (Aug. 21 through Sept. 1) had the opportunity to make paper, sample liquid nitrogen ice cream, discover the power of water, make a birdfeeder, and learn about the latest in the environmental sciences.
WCNY's Chris Xaver stopped by the ESF booth on September 28 where Drs. Dave Keiber and Kelley Donaghy of ESF's chemistry department showed her the ice cream making process and explained a little science at the same time.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210