SUNY-ESF Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream Featured on WCNY'S "Food for Thought"
State Fair visitors sample science and a tasty treat
The SUNY-ESF booth at the 2008 New York State Fair offered hands-on demonstrations and activities showcasing a number of the College's academic departments. Visitors during the 12-day fair (Aug. 21 through Sept. 1) had the opportunity to make paper, sample liquid nitrogen ice cream, discover the power of water, make a birdfeeder, and learn about the latest in the environmental sciences.
WCNY's Chris Xaver stopped by the ESF booth on September 28 where Drs. Dave Keiber and Kelley Donaghy of ESF's chemistry department showed her the ice cream making process and explained a little science at the same time.
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210