Programs for Sportsmen Focus on Game Animals
ESF’s Adirondack Interpretive Center offers sessions on September Sundays
The Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) in Newcomb, N.Y., will sponsor a series of presentations this fall to help sporting enthusiasts learn from wildlife managers and researchers.
The experts will share their knowledge of the biology, habitat and behavior of game animals so the sportsmen and women can add to their knowledge about what happens in the field and forest.
The schedule is as follows:
Sept. 11: Coyotes with SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) master's student Scott Warsen. The session begins at 11 a.m.
Sept. 25: White-tailed deer with DEC Wildlife Biologist Ed Reed. The session begins at 11 a.m.
Each session will last about an hour. The series will continue in October with additional presentations about game and sporting, including trapping.
Registration is not required. Anyone wishing further information can call the AIC at 518-582-2000.
The AIC is the central point for public programs, events, courses and other activities offered through ESF's Northern Forest Institute. The center is located on State Route 28N in Newcomb.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210