Programs for Sportsmen Focus on Game Animals
ESF’s Adirondack Interpretive Center offers sessions on September Sundays
The Adirondack Interpretive Center (AIC) in Newcomb, N.Y., will sponsor a series of presentations this fall to help sporting enthusiasts learn from wildlife managers and researchers.
The experts will share their knowledge of the biology, habitat and behavior of game animals so the sportsmen and women can add to their knowledge about what happens in the field and forest.
The schedule is as follows:
Sept. 11: Coyotes with SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) master's student Scott Warsen. The session begins at 11 a.m.
Sept. 25: White-tailed deer with DEC Wildlife Biologist Ed Reed. The session begins at 11 a.m.
Each session will last about an hour. The series will continue in October with additional presentations about game and sporting, including trapping.
Registration is not required. Anyone wishing further information can call the AIC at 518-582-2000.
The AIC is the central point for public programs, events, courses and other activities offered through ESF's Northern Forest Institute. The center is located on State Route 28N in Newcomb.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210