Quad Central to Campus Life
Students gather, learn on greenspace
Students have long used ESF's Quad for a place to meet, gather, play and learn.
While the fashions might have changed since these pictures were taken in 1974, the sight of students hanging out on the Quad and professors teaching classes outside is something that hasn't changed over the decades.
The other thing that hasn't changed over the years is the tradition of not walking across the Quad. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to use the greenspace for learning and recreation, but never as a shortcut from one end of campus to the other.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210