Quad Central to Campus Life
Students gather, learn on greenspace
Students have long used ESF's Quad for a place to meet, gather, play and learn.
While the fashions might have changed since these pictures were taken in 1974, the sight of students hanging out on the Quad and professors teaching classes outside is something that hasn't changed over the decades.
The other thing that hasn't changed over the years is the tradition of not walking across the Quad. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to use the greenspace for learning and recreation, but never as a shortcut from one end of campus to the other.
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210