Quad Central to Campus Life
Students gather, learn on greenspace
Students have long used ESF's Quad for a place to meet, gather, play and learn.
While the fashions might have changed since these pictures were taken in 1974, the sight of students hanging out on the Quad and professors teaching classes outside is something that hasn't changed over the decades.
The other thing that hasn't changed over the years is the tradition of not walking across the Quad. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to use the greenspace for learning and recreation, but never as a shortcut from one end of campus to the other.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210