Woodsmen’s Team Starts Season Strong
Women place first, men place second
The ESF Woodsmen's team started the season Oct. 2 at Finger Lakes Community College with an impressive performance.
Men's A, Women's A and Jack-and-Jill teams competed.
The women took first place, the men placed second and the Jack-and-Jill team placed second. For individual events, the Jack-and-Jill team placed first in the axe throw, chainsaw, triathlon, crosscut to Hell, pulp toss, pack board, and H-chop. The women's team placed first in the axe throw, triathlon, fire build, crosscut to Hell, canoeing, and pulp toss. The men placed first in axe throw, chainsaw, and H-chop.
"Overall it was a great meet and despite the rain and low temperatures we all had a great time," said Angela Marcoccia, social chair for the Woodsmen's team.
The team will compete next at Paul Smith's College Oct. 22nd.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210