Woodsmen’s Team Starts Season Strong
Women place first, men place second
The ESF Woodsmen's team started the season Oct. 2 at Finger Lakes Community College with an impressive performance.
Men's A, Women's A and Jack-and-Jill teams competed.
The women took first place, the men placed second and the Jack-and-Jill team placed second. For individual events, the Jack-and-Jill team placed first in the axe throw, chainsaw, triathlon, crosscut to Hell, pulp toss, pack board, and H-chop. The women's team placed first in the axe throw, triathlon, fire build, crosscut to Hell, canoeing, and pulp toss. The men placed first in axe throw, chainsaw, and H-chop.
"Overall it was a great meet and despite the rain and low temperatures we all had a great time," said Angela Marcoccia, social chair for the Woodsmen's team.
The team will compete next at Paul Smith's College Oct. 22nd.
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210