Monday, March 30, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Study Maps Development One County at a Time
- Oakie’s Mascot Madness Run Ends
- Mighty Oaks Honor Student-Athletes at Banquet
- LEED Platinum Plaque Gets Place of Honor in Gateway
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
Walking on 'M' Street
Marshall Street has long played role in campus social life
Once a residential neighborhood, Marshall Street has evolved into the main off-campus commercial street for college students.
Often referred to as "M" Street, for decades it has been home to stores catering to student interests and needs such as The Record Runner in the 1970s (pictured right) and today's lineup that includes long-term retailers such as J. Michael Shoes and an array of places to eat and drink.
There is speculation the street was named for Louis B. Marshall, who was an early supporter of the institution that was founded as the New York State College of Forestry.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210