Tuesday, March 03, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Grad Student Awarded Rare Book School Scholarship
- Curry to Tell Story of ESF Landscape Influence in Hyde Park
- SUNY Chancellor Visits ESF for ‘Speak Out’ with Students
- Leopold to Present on Onondaga Lake Restoration
- Career Fair Links Students, Prospective Employers
ESF's Rooftop Greenhouses
WSTM TV spotlights the greenhouses in their feature Uniquely CNY.
Free QuickTime plug-in required
Copyright © | All Rights Reserved
The greenhouses at SUNY-ESF were built in the late sixties and are used for research, to teach SUNY-ESF students and more. Manager Terry Ettinger says one of the unique uses is by art classes where students come and sketch to get a feel for texture and form.
Most of the plants are for research purposes but the greenhouses are open to the public too. If you would like to admire or to learn-like what a flower on a banana plant looks like-call ahead (470-6772) to schedule a visit.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210