Woodmen's Team Opens Spring Season
Next event March 24 in Tully
The ESF Woodsmen's team competed in the season's first meet Feb. 19 at SUNY Cobleskill.
Four ESF teams made the trip: women's A, men's A, men's B, and the co-ed Jack-and-Jill.
The women's A team took first place overall with wins in the team bow saw, team crosscut, fire build, cross cut to Hell, vertical chop and horizontal chop events.
The men's A team came in second place overall with first-place finishes in the singles relay, team bow saw, and team crosscut events.
Men's B came in ninth place and put forth a great effort.
The Jack-and-Jill team was second overall with first-place wins in the events of team crosscut and crosscut to Hell events.
The Woodsmen's Team will host its next event March 24 at the Tully Field off Interstate 81 South at Exit 14. There will be teams from all over the Northeast. Events will include vertical chop, fire build, log roll, an obstacle course and many more.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210