Woodmen's Team Opens Spring Season
Next event March 24 in Tully
The ESF Woodsmen's team competed in the season's first meet Feb. 19 at SUNY Cobleskill.
Four ESF teams made the trip: women's A, men's A, men's B, and the co-ed Jack-and-Jill.
The women's A team took first place overall with wins in the team bow saw, team crosscut, fire build, cross cut to Hell, vertical chop and horizontal chop events.
The men's A team came in second place overall with first-place finishes in the singles relay, team bow saw, and team crosscut events.
Men's B came in ninth place and put forth a great effort.
The Jack-and-Jill team was second overall with first-place wins in the events of team crosscut and crosscut to Hell events.
The Woodsmen's Team will host its next event March 24 at the Tully Field off Interstate 81 South at Exit 14. There will be teams from all over the Northeast. Events will include vertical chop, fire build, log roll, an obstacle course and many more.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
- Annual Value of Trees? $500 Million Per Megacity, Study Says
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Sierra Club Puts ESF among Nation’s Top ‘Cool Schools’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210