Woodmen's Team Opens Spring Season
Next event March 24 in Tully
The ESF Woodsmen's team competed in the season's first meet Feb. 19 at SUNY Cobleskill.
Four ESF teams made the trip: women's A, men's A, men's B, and the co-ed Jack-and-Jill.
The women's A team took first place overall with wins in the team bow saw, team crosscut, fire build, cross cut to Hell, vertical chop and horizontal chop events.
The men's A team came in second place overall with first-place finishes in the singles relay, team bow saw, and team crosscut events.
Men's B came in ninth place and put forth a great effort.
The Jack-and-Jill team was second overall with first-place wins in the events of team crosscut and crosscut to Hell events.
The Woodsmen's Team will host its next event March 24 at the Tully Field off Interstate 81 South at Exit 14. There will be teams from all over the Northeast. Events will include vertical chop, fire build, log roll, an obstacle course and many more.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210