Woodmen's Team Opens Spring Season
Next event March 24 in Tully
The ESF Woodsmen's team competed in the season's first meet Feb. 19 at SUNY Cobleskill.
Four ESF teams made the trip: women's A, men's A, men's B, and the co-ed Jack-and-Jill.
The women's A team took first place overall with wins in the team bow saw, team crosscut, fire build, cross cut to Hell, vertical chop and horizontal chop events.
The men's A team came in second place overall with first-place finishes in the singles relay, team bow saw, and team crosscut events.
Men's B came in ninth place and put forth a great effort.
The Jack-and-Jill team was second overall with first-place wins in the events of team crosscut and crosscut to Hell events.
The Woodsmen's Team will host its next event March 24 at the Tully Field off Interstate 81 South at Exit 14. There will be teams from all over the Northeast. Events will include vertical chop, fire build, log roll, an obstacle course and many more.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210