Woodmen's Team Opens Spring Season
Next event March 24 in Tully
The ESF Woodsmen's team competed in the season's first meet Feb. 19 at SUNY Cobleskill.
Four ESF teams made the trip: women's A, men's A, men's B, and the co-ed Jack-and-Jill.
The women's A team took first place overall with wins in the team bow saw, team crosscut, fire build, cross cut to Hell, vertical chop and horizontal chop events.
The men's A team came in second place overall with first-place finishes in the singles relay, team bow saw, and team crosscut events.
Men's B came in ninth place and put forth a great effort.
The Jack-and-Jill team was second overall with first-place wins in the events of team crosscut and crosscut to Hell events.
The Woodsmen's Team will host its next event March 24 at the Tully Field off Interstate 81 South at Exit 14. There will be teams from all over the Northeast. Events will include vertical chop, fire build, log roll, an obstacle course and many more.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210