ESF Solar Power Students Take On Mock Build
Mock build required by certification board
Students enrolled in SUNY-ESF's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) course will participate in the mock build of a rooftop solar installation 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14, in front of ESF's Centennial Hall.
The mock build will serve as the hands-on component of the SPARE course being taught this week by Dr. Neal Abrams of ESF's Department of Chemistry and Dr. Gay Canough, an instructor who works with ESF to provide photovoltaic courses. Francine Notte of ETM Solarworks will work with students at the site Wednesday.
The 13 students in the class include one ESF student enrolled in the Department of Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering, engineers, solar professionals and one farm owner.
The course teaches students the basics of how to site, design and install photovoltaic (PV) systems. The mock build is a required component of PV installer courses certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210