ESF Solar Power Students Take On Mock Build
Mock build required by certification board
Students enrolled in SUNY-ESF's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) course will participate in the mock build of a rooftop solar installation 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14, in front of ESF's Centennial Hall.
The mock build will serve as the hands-on component of the SPARE course being taught this week by Dr. Neal Abrams of ESF's Department of Chemistry and Dr. Gay Canough, an instructor who works with ESF to provide photovoltaic courses. Francine Notte of ETM Solarworks will work with students at the site Wednesday.
The 13 students in the class include one ESF student enrolled in the Department of Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering, engineers, solar professionals and one farm owner.
The course teaches students the basics of how to site, design and install photovoltaic (PV) systems. The mock build is a required component of PV installer courses certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210