ESF Solar Power Students Take On Mock Build
Mock build required by certification board
Students enrolled in SUNY-ESF's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) course will participate in the mock build of a rooftop solar installation 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14, in front of ESF's Centennial Hall.
The mock build will serve as the hands-on component of the SPARE course being taught this week by Dr. Neal Abrams of ESF's Department of Chemistry and Dr. Gay Canough, an instructor who works with ESF to provide photovoltaic courses. Francine Notte of ETM Solarworks will work with students at the site Wednesday.
The 13 students in the class include one ESF student enrolled in the Department of Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering, engineers, solar professionals and one farm owner.
The course teaches students the basics of how to site, design and install photovoltaic (PV) systems. The mock build is a required component of PV installer courses certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210