ESF Solar Power Students Take On Mock Build
Mock build required by certification board
Students enrolled in SUNY-ESF's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) course will participate in the mock build of a rooftop solar installation 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14, in front of ESF's Centennial Hall.
The mock build will serve as the hands-on component of the SPARE course being taught this week by Dr. Neal Abrams of ESF's Department of Chemistry and Dr. Gay Canough, an instructor who works with ESF to provide photovoltaic courses. Francine Notte of ETM Solarworks will work with students at the site Wednesday.
The 13 students in the class include one ESF student enrolled in the Department of Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering, engineers, solar professionals and one farm owner.
The course teaches students the basics of how to site, design and install photovoltaic (PV) systems. The mock build is a required component of PV installer courses certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210