ESF Solar Power Students Take On Mock Build
Mock build required by certification board
Students enrolled in SUNY-ESF's Solar Power as Renewable Energy (SPARE) course will participate in the mock build of a rooftop solar installation 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 14, in front of ESF's Centennial Hall.
The mock build will serve as the hands-on component of the SPARE course being taught this week by Dr. Neal Abrams of ESF's Department of Chemistry and Dr. Gay Canough, an instructor who works with ESF to provide photovoltaic courses. Francine Notte of ETM Solarworks will work with students at the site Wednesday.
The 13 students in the class include one ESF student enrolled in the Department of Sustainable Construction Management and Engineering, engineers, solar professionals and one farm owner.
The course teaches students the basics of how to site, design and install photovoltaic (PV) systems. The mock build is a required component of PV installer courses certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners.
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210