ESF Hosts Lumberjack Roundup
Transportation available for student spectators
More than 100 students from colleges in the Northeast will gather Saturday, March 24, to compete in the Seventh Annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup in Tully.
The competition, hosted by the ESF Woodsmen's team, will feature 25 teams of six from eight colleges in the Northeast. Team members will compete using traditional logging skills such as sawing, chopping, splitting, log rolling, pole climbing, fire building and more.
In addition to ESF and the ESF Ranger School in Wanakena, competitors will represent Penn State, the University of Connecticut, Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College and SUNY Cobleskill.
The event will be held on ESF-owned property along Route 281, off Interstate 81 South (Exit 14), in Tully. Bus transportation will be provided to ESF students wishing to attend the meet. It will leave from the ESF Physical Plant building at 10:30 a.m. and return to campus at 5 p.m.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210