ESF Hosts Lumberjack Roundup
Transportation available for student spectators
More than 100 students from colleges in the Northeast will gather Saturday, March 24, to compete in the Seventh Annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup in Tully.
The competition, hosted by the ESF Woodsmen's team, will feature 25 teams of six from eight colleges in the Northeast. Team members will compete using traditional logging skills such as sawing, chopping, splitting, log rolling, pole climbing, fire building and more.
In addition to ESF and the ESF Ranger School in Wanakena, competitors will represent Penn State, the University of Connecticut, Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College and SUNY Cobleskill.
The event will be held on ESF-owned property along Route 281, off Interstate 81 South (Exit 14), in Tully. Bus transportation will be provided to ESF students wishing to attend the meet. It will leave from the ESF Physical Plant building at 10:30 a.m. and return to campus at 5 p.m.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210