ESF Hosts Lumberjack Roundup
Transportation available for student spectators
More than 100 students from colleges in the Northeast will gather Saturday, March 24, to compete in the Seventh Annual East Coast Lumberjack Roundup in Tully.
The competition, hosted by the ESF Woodsmen's team, will feature 25 teams of six from eight colleges in the Northeast. Team members will compete using traditional logging skills such as sawing, chopping, splitting, log rolling, pole climbing, fire building and more.
In addition to ESF and the ESF Ranger School in Wanakena, competitors will represent Penn State, the University of Connecticut, Finger Lakes Community College, Paul Smith's College and SUNY Cobleskill.
The event will be held on ESF-owned property along Route 281, off Interstate 81 South (Exit 14), in Tully. Bus transportation will be provided to ESF students wishing to attend the meet. It will leave from the ESF Physical Plant building at 10:30 a.m. and return to campus at 5 p.m.
Friends and family members are encouraged to come on out to the Tully Field and watch the team members do what they do best.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210