ESF Students Honor Chemistry Professor
Chatterjee receives Distinguished Teacher Award
ESF's Undergraduate Student Association honored Dr. Avik Chatterjee, an associate professor in the Department of Chemistry, with the Distinguished Teacher award.
The honor was announced at ESF's Spring Banquet April 21 in front of a crowd of hundreds of students, faculty, and staff.
Chatterjee teaches junior-level courses in physical chemistry to students pursuing studies in the fields of chemistry, engineering, environmental science and biotechnology.
The award is given to one ESF faculty member each year. Another chemistry faculty member, Dr. Kelley Donaghy, won the award in 2008.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210