Cross-Country Men Third, Women Fifth at Oswego Invitational
Cambria Ziemer leads ESF women; Timmy Callahan first for men
The ESF men and women's cross-country teams did well at the SUNY Oswego Invitational Sept. 8, with the men placing third and the women finishing fifth.
Leading the way for the Mighty Oaks women was Cambria Ziemer, followed closely by Danielle Zgardinski, Danielle Kaveney, Emily Martin and Cara Keogh. Casey Cole and Jenny Frank also placed well. The women ran in a driving rainstorm with winds that gusted up to 25 mph.
Racing against some Division 3 powerhouses, including the University of Rochester and Ithaca College, the ESF men raced well. The top finisher for the Mighty Oaks men was Timmy Callahan followed closely by Stephen Slonosky, Brian Busby, Taylor Yerrick, Jeremy Driscoll, Jon Cleveland and Peter LeDuc. Right behind them was a solid pack of Mighty Oaks, led by Jacob Wolfgong, that included Matt Deluca, Ethan Washburn, Caleb Rudge, Andrew Gritzmacher James McKenna and Kai Crannell.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Sept. 22 at SUNY Cortland.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210