Cross-Country Men Third, Women Fifth at Oswego Invitational
Cambria Ziemer leads ESF women; Timmy Callahan first for men
The ESF men and women's cross-country teams did well at the SUNY Oswego Invitational Sept. 8, with the men placing third and the women finishing fifth.
Leading the way for the Mighty Oaks women was Cambria Ziemer, followed closely by Danielle Zgardinski, Danielle Kaveney, Emily Martin and Cara Keogh. Casey Cole and Jenny Frank also placed well. The women ran in a driving rainstorm with winds that gusted up to 25 mph.
Racing against some Division 3 powerhouses, including the University of Rochester and Ithaca College, the ESF men raced well. The top finisher for the Mighty Oaks men was Timmy Callahan followed closely by Stephen Slonosky, Brian Busby, Taylor Yerrick, Jeremy Driscoll, Jon Cleveland and Peter LeDuc. Right behind them was a solid pack of Mighty Oaks, led by Jacob Wolfgong, that included Matt Deluca, Ethan Washburn, Caleb Rudge, Andrew Gritzmacher James McKenna and Kai Crannell.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Sept. 22 at SUNY Cortland.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210