Cross-Country Men Third, Women Fifth at Oswego Invitational
Cambria Ziemer leads ESF women; Timmy Callahan first for men
The ESF men and women's cross-country teams did well at the SUNY Oswego Invitational Sept. 8, with the men placing third and the women finishing fifth.
Leading the way for the Mighty Oaks women was Cambria Ziemer, followed closely by Danielle Zgardinski, Danielle Kaveney, Emily Martin and Cara Keogh. Casey Cole and Jenny Frank also placed well. The women ran in a driving rainstorm with winds that gusted up to 25 mph.
Racing against some Division 3 powerhouses, including the University of Rochester and Ithaca College, the ESF men raced well. The top finisher for the Mighty Oaks men was Timmy Callahan followed closely by Stephen Slonosky, Brian Busby, Taylor Yerrick, Jeremy Driscoll, Jon Cleveland and Peter LeDuc. Right behind them was a solid pack of Mighty Oaks, led by Jacob Wolfgong, that included Matt Deluca, Ethan Washburn, Caleb Rudge, Andrew Gritzmacher James McKenna and Kai Crannell.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Sept. 22 at SUNY Cortland.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210