Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi 4-1
Second half starts with two quick goals
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's soccer team played a strong game against SUNY Delhi Sept. 12, coming away with a 4-1 victory.
ESF held a 1-0 lead at halftime after Kyle Siegal scored on an assist from Ross Volpe. The Mighty Oaks came out strong after the break, scoring twice in the first 10 minutes. Both of those goals were scored by Kyle Bardwell on assists from Siegal. ESF's fourth goal came from Steve Tyrrell, in the 77th minute, after an assist from Ryan Graig.
ESF played two goalkeepers, Mike Walczyk and Adam Belkadi, who combined for nine saves. ESF's offense had a total of 21 shots.
After the game, Mighty Oaks Captain Siegal said it was a "great overall team effort."
"Our bench came in and helped keep the momentum in our favor," he said.
When asked about his goal, the first of the match, Siegal was enthusiastic: "It was great beating the guy down the field and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, GOAL! Felt phenomenal! We've had great combination play all year."
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210