Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi 4-1
Second half starts with two quick goals
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's soccer team played a strong game against SUNY Delhi Sept. 12, coming away with a 4-1 victory.
ESF held a 1-0 lead at halftime after Kyle Siegal scored on an assist from Ross Volpe. The Mighty Oaks came out strong after the break, scoring twice in the first 10 minutes. Both of those goals were scored by Kyle Bardwell on assists from Siegal. ESF's fourth goal came from Steve Tyrrell, in the 77th minute, after an assist from Ryan Graig.
ESF played two goalkeepers, Mike Walczyk and Adam Belkadi, who combined for nine saves. ESF's offense had a total of 21 shots.
After the game, Mighty Oaks Captain Siegal said it was a "great overall team effort."
"Our bench came in and helped keep the momentum in our favor," he said.
When asked about his goal, the first of the match, Siegal was enthusiastic: "It was great beating the guy down the field and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, GOAL! Felt phenomenal! We've had great combination play all year."
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210