Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi 4-1
Second half starts with two quick goals
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's soccer team played a strong game against SUNY Delhi Sept. 12, coming away with a 4-1 victory.
ESF held a 1-0 lead at halftime after Kyle Siegal scored on an assist from Ross Volpe. The Mighty Oaks came out strong after the break, scoring twice in the first 10 minutes. Both of those goals were scored by Kyle Bardwell on assists from Siegal. ESF's fourth goal came from Steve Tyrrell, in the 77th minute, after an assist from Ryan Graig.
ESF played two goalkeepers, Mike Walczyk and Adam Belkadi, who combined for nine saves. ESF's offense had a total of 21 shots.
After the game, Mighty Oaks Captain Siegal said it was a "great overall team effort."
"Our bench came in and helped keep the momentum in our favor," he said.
When asked about his goal, the first of the match, Siegal was enthusiastic: "It was great beating the guy down the field and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, GOAL! Felt phenomenal! We've had great combination play all year."
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210