Men's Soccer Team Defeats Delhi 4-1
Second half starts with two quick goals
The ESF Mighty Oaks men's soccer team played a strong game against SUNY Delhi Sept. 12, coming away with a 4-1 victory.
ESF held a 1-0 lead at halftime after Kyle Siegal scored on an assist from Ross Volpe. The Mighty Oaks came out strong after the break, scoring twice in the first 10 minutes. Both of those goals were scored by Kyle Bardwell on assists from Siegal. ESF's fourth goal came from Steve Tyrrell, in the 77th minute, after an assist from Ryan Graig.
ESF played two goalkeepers, Mike Walczyk and Adam Belkadi, who combined for nine saves. ESF's offense had a total of 21 shots.
After the game, Mighty Oaks Captain Siegal said it was a "great overall team effort."
"Our bench came in and helped keep the momentum in our favor," he said.
When asked about his goal, the first of the match, Siegal was enthusiastic: "It was great beating the guy down the field and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, GOAL! Felt phenomenal! We've had great combination play all year."
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210