SUNY-ESF to Offer Engineering Review Classes
FE/PE classes held from October through March
SYRACUSE - The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is offering a preparation course for engineers taking licensing exams in the spring of 2013.
The college is coordinating Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) review classes. The course is designed to help engineers prepare for FE Part A and PE Part B licensing exams which are offered in the spring. The Part B Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Electrical Engineering is also offered.
Classes will be held Oct. 9 through March 21, 2013. The Fundamentals of Engineering review classes will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at C&S Companies. The Principles of Engineering review classes will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays at ARCADIS (formerly Blasland, Bouck & Lee). Both sites are located close to major roadways and parking is free.
The registration fee is $435 for FE Part A or PE Part B. Paid registrants will have access to all opposite sessions at no additional charge (i.e., PE paid registrants may attend any FE classes and vice versa). Participants can register at the ESF Outreach FE/PE home page.
For further information, visit the program website - www.esf.edu/outreach/pd/pe/ - or call 315-470-6891.
Engineers who become PEs are promoted to a higher status in their profession, just as CPAs are regarded more highly than accountants. Obtaining the PE licensure provides career development, promotes a deeper commitment to the profession and increases leadership and management skills. A company leader who encourages your staff engineers to become PEs helps elevate that organization's status in the market and develops staff members who have the knowledge base, skill set and qualifications to take on additional responsibilities.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210