SUNY-ESF to Offer Engineering Review Classes
FE/PE classes held from October through March
SYRACUSE - The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is offering a preparation course for engineers taking licensing exams in the spring of 2013.
The college is coordinating Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Principles of Engineering (PE) review classes. The course is designed to help engineers prepare for FE Part A and PE Part B licensing exams which are offered in the spring. The Part B Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Electrical Engineering is also offered.
Classes will be held Oct. 9 through March 21, 2013. The Fundamentals of Engineering review classes will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays at C&S Companies. The Principles of Engineering review classes will be held 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays at ARCADIS (formerly Blasland, Bouck & Lee). Both sites are located close to major roadways and parking is free.
The registration fee is $435 for FE Part A or PE Part B. Paid registrants will have access to all opposite sessions at no additional charge (i.e., PE paid registrants may attend any FE classes and vice versa). Participants can register at the ESF Outreach FE/PE home page.
For further information, visit the program website - www.esf.edu/outreach/pd/pe/ - or call 315-470-6891.
Engineers who become PEs are promoted to a higher status in their profession, just as CPAs are regarded more highly than accountants. Obtaining the PE licensure provides career development, promotes a deeper commitment to the profession and increases leadership and management skills. A company leader who encourages your staff engineers to become PEs helps elevate that organization's status in the market and develops staff members who have the knowledge base, skill set and qualifications to take on additional responsibilities.
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210