Mighty Oaks Place Second in Fall Invitational
Team unfazed by long par 5s, challenging greens
The ESF golf team placed second in the seven-team Onondaga Community College (OCC) Men's and Women's Fall Invitational tournament at the Links at Sunset Ridge Sept.16.
The team posted a 329 total on the difficult course characterized by its long par 5s and challenging greens. These didn't stop sophomores Nick Reddick and Casey Ganley from eagling on the ninth and 18th holes respectively.
The low score for ESF was shot by another sophomore, Ryan Dirado, with a 79. Also notable, senior Brendan Beeke shot an 81 and junior Steve Johansson shot an 82.
ESF traveled to the event with the men's team and two women participants as well.
Collene Groneman took second by two strokes as her competitor from OCC barely edged her out for the title.
The team continues its season Sept. 17 at the Oswego Invitational at Oswego Country Club.
By Audrey Hart SU '15
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210