Men's Soccer Team Ties at Canton; Women Beat 6th-ranked Kangaroos
Sophomore Johnsen scores lone goal for Mighty Oaks women
The Mighty Oaks met the SUNY Canton Kangaroos in men's and women's soccer Sept. 25, with the men's finishing with a 1-1 tie in an exciting double-overtime game and the women triumphing 1-0 over the sixth-ranked team in the USCAA.
Sophomore Dillon Buchberg scored the only goal for the men's squad in the 30th minute. It was a beautiful 30-yard kick that curled over the defending wall of players and slotted into the top corner of the goal. Freshman Rob Hamm and senior Steven Tyrrell helped on the defensive side while sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk did his part with 16 saves.
The only goal for the women came from sophomore Alysa Johnsen in the 23rd minute, with an assist from fourth-year student Brooke Harris. Junior goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had 10 saves in the shutout.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210