Thursday, May 23, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
Men's Soccer Team Ties at Canton; Women Beat 6th-ranked Kangaroos
Sophomore Johnsen scores lone goal for Mighty Oaks women
The Mighty Oaks met the SUNY Canton Kangaroos in men's and women's soccer Sept. 25, with the men's finishing with a 1-1 tie in an exciting double-overtime game and the women triumphing 1-0 over the sixth-ranked team in the USCAA.
Sophomore Dillon Buchberg scored the only goal for the men's squad in the 30th minute. It was a beautiful 30-yard kick that curled over the defending wall of players and slotted into the top corner of the goal. Freshman Rob Hamm and senior Steven Tyrrell helped on the defensive side while sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk did his part with 16 saves.
The only goal for the women came from sophomore Alysa Johnsen in the 23rd minute, with an assist from fourth-year student Brooke Harris. Junior goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had 10 saves in the shutout.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15