Menís Soccer Team Nips Cazenovia 1-0; Women Fall 3-2
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams met the Cazenovia Wildcats Sept. 29, with the men winning 1-0 and the women losing 3-2 despite making a great comeback after having been down by three goals.
For the men, Ryan Graig scored in the 80th minute with an assist from Dan McGraw. Sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk maintained the shutout with eight saves.
"It felt good to get a shutout. " he said, "The back four played extremely well. We need to come out like this every game."
"We fought hard today for a 1-0 victory, it really felt great," said sophomore forward Dillon Buchberg. "Our captain, Ryan Graig, came through with a big goal that gave us a big win. This brings us one step closer to North Carolina, the USCAA National Championships. "
The women's game was more tumultuous, after the Mighty Oaks went down 3-0 early in the game. Brooke Harris scored in the 60th minute and then assisted Mary Clark for a goal in the 75th minute. Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had four saves.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ĎNatureí Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210