Men’s Soccer Team Nips Cazenovia 1-0; Women Fall 3-2
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams met the Cazenovia Wildcats Sept. 29, with the men winning 1-0 and the women losing 3-2 despite making a great comeback after having been down by three goals.
For the men, Ryan Graig scored in the 80th minute with an assist from Dan McGraw. Sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk maintained the shutout with eight saves.
"It felt good to get a shutout. " he said, "The back four played extremely well. We need to come out like this every game."
"We fought hard today for a 1-0 victory, it really felt great," said sophomore forward Dillon Buchberg. "Our captain, Ryan Graig, came through with a big goal that gave us a big win. This brings us one step closer to North Carolina, the USCAA National Championships. "
The women's game was more tumultuous, after the Mighty Oaks went down 3-0 early in the game. Brooke Harris scored in the 60th minute and then assisted Mary Clark for a goal in the 75th minute. Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had four saves.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210