Menís Soccer Team Nips Cazenovia 1-0; Women Fall 3-2
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams met the Cazenovia Wildcats Sept. 29, with the men winning 1-0 and the women losing 3-2 despite making a great comeback after having been down by three goals.
For the men, Ryan Graig scored in the 80th minute with an assist from Dan McGraw. Sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk maintained the shutout with eight saves.
"It felt good to get a shutout. " he said, "The back four played extremely well. We need to come out like this every game."
"We fought hard today for a 1-0 victory, it really felt great," said sophomore forward Dillon Buchberg. "Our captain, Ryan Graig, came through with a big goal that gave us a big win. This brings us one step closer to North Carolina, the USCAA National Championships. "
The women's game was more tumultuous, after the Mighty Oaks went down 3-0 early in the game. Brooke Harris scored in the 60th minute and then assisted Mary Clark for a goal in the 75th minute. Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had four saves.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ĎJust Transitioní
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210