Sunday, May 19, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
- ESF Professor Earns Highest Faculty Honor
Menís Soccer Team Nips Cazenovia 1-0; Women Fall 3-2
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams met the Cazenovia Wildcats Sept. 29, with the men winning 1-0 and the women losing 3-2 despite making a great comeback after having been down by three goals.
For the men, Ryan Graig scored in the 80th minute with an assist from Dan McGraw. Sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk maintained the shutout with eight saves.
"It felt good to get a shutout. " he said, "The back four played extremely well. We need to come out like this every game."
"We fought hard today for a 1-0 victory, it really felt great," said sophomore forward Dillon Buchberg. "Our captain, Ryan Graig, came through with a big goal that gave us a big win. This brings us one step closer to North Carolina, the USCAA National Championships. "
The women's game was more tumultuous, after the Mighty Oaks went down 3-0 early in the game. Brooke Harris scored in the 60th minute and then assisted Mary Clark for a goal in the 75th minute. Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi had four saves.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15