USCAA Honors ESF Runner Timmy Callahan
Record-setting performance in Cazenovia brings Runner of Week honor
Timmy Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks cross-country team at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, was honored as men's cross-country Runner of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Callahan received the honor because of his performance Sept. 29 at the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational, where he finished first and led his team to the overall first-place finish. Callahan also set a course record for the 8K event with a time of 27:22. The previous course record was set a year ago by Callahan's Mighty Oaks teammate, Brian Busby.
Callahan is a sophomore conservation biology major from Massapequa.
The Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team is the defending USCAA champion.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210