USCAA Honors ESF Runner Timmy Callahan
Record-setting performance in Cazenovia brings Runner of Week honor
Timmy Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks cross-country team at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, was honored as men's cross-country Runner of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Callahan received the honor because of his performance Sept. 29 at the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational, where he finished first and led his team to the overall first-place finish. Callahan also set a course record for the 8K event with a time of 27:22. The previous course record was set a year ago by Callahan's Mighty Oaks teammate, Brian Busby.
Callahan is a sophomore conservation biology major from Massapequa.
The Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team is the defending USCAA champion.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210