USCAA Honors ESF Runner Timmy Callahan
Record-setting performance in Cazenovia brings Runner of Week honor
Timmy Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks cross-country team at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, was honored as men's cross-country Runner of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Callahan received the honor because of his performance Sept. 29 at the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational, where he finished first and led his team to the overall first-place finish. Callahan also set a course record for the 8K event with a time of 27:22. The previous course record was set a year ago by Callahan's Mighty Oaks teammate, Brian Busby.
Callahan is a sophomore conservation biology major from Massapequa.
The Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team is the defending USCAA champion.
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210