USCAA Honors ESF Runner Timmy Callahan
Record-setting performance in Cazenovia brings Runner of Week honor
Timmy Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks cross-country team at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, was honored as men's cross-country Runner of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Callahan received the honor because of his performance Sept. 29 at the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational, where he finished first and led his team to the overall first-place finish. Callahan also set a course record for the 8K event with a time of 27:22. The previous course record was set a year ago by Callahan's Mighty Oaks teammate, Brian Busby.
Callahan is a sophomore conservation biology major from Massapequa.
The Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team is the defending USCAA champion.
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210