USCAA Honors ESF Runner Timmy Callahan
Record-setting performance in Cazenovia brings Runner of Week honor
Timmy Callahan, a member of the Mighty Oaks cross-country team at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, was honored as men's cross-country Runner of the Week by the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association.
Callahan received the honor because of his performance Sept. 29 at the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational, where he finished first and led his team to the overall first-place finish. Callahan also set a course record for the 8K event with a time of 27:22. The previous course record was set a year ago by Callahan's Mighty Oaks teammate, Brian Busby.
Callahan is a sophomore conservation biology major from Massapequa.
The Mighty Oaks men's cross-country team is the defending USCAA champion.
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210