Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- At the Fair: Great Shipwrecks of New York’s ‘Great’ Lakes
- SUNY-ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Expanded Centennial Hall Ready for New Residents
- ESF Expects Record Class for Fall
- Giant Amazon Fish Becoming Extinct in Many Communities
Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Defeat Kings College Squads
Both teams earn shutouts
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams both charted dominating wins against Kings College Oct. 14.
The ESF men won 7-0 and the women won 3-0.
Kyle Siegel had two goals for the ESF men, along with two assists. Kyle Bardwell, Dillon Buchberg, Pat Alcott, Ross Volpe, and Marcus Moore each contributed one goal. Goalkeepers Mike Walczyk and Adam Belkadi had three and two saves respectively in a combined shutout.
"Tremendous teamwork and belief in one's own ability has pushed this team all season to play great soccer," said Associate Coach Jon Ramin.
The women were led by Bridget Cuddihy, who scored two goals and assisted Kelsey Taylor for the final goal. Brooke Harris also had an assist. Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had five and two saves respectively. The ESF women are on a three-game winning streak.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210