Monday, September 22, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Governor Announces $20M Grant to ESF, Partners
- Forbes Ranks ESF 20th Nationwide for Best Value Colleges
- Bioblitz: Initial Findings List More Than 400 Species
- Quentin Wheeler Installed as ESF’s Fourth President
- ESF Earth Lecture Series Kicks Off for Second Year
ESF Professor Honored for Excellence in Education
Dr. Charles Hall receives award for energy education
Dr. Charles Hall, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was recognized for excellence in energy education.
Hall, a professor in the college's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, received the Matthew R. Simmons / M. King Hubbert Award for Excellence in Energy Education from the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas (ASPO-USA). The award recognizes Hall's work on Energy Return on Energy Investment (EROI), the ratio of the energy delivered by a process to the energy used directly and indirectly in that process
The award was presented at ASPO's annual meeting in Austin, Texas.
Hall is a systems ecologist with an interest in energy, biophysical economics and the links between energy and society.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210