Saturday, January 31, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- START-UP NY Brings New Business to Syracuse
- ESF Hosts State Energy Leaders to Discuss Power Delivery Future
- SUNY 4E: Breaking with Tradition to Increase Collaboration
- Engineers With Appetites Returns to ESF
- Mighty Oaks Lead USCAA Director's Cup Race
ESF Professor Honored for Excellence in Education
Dr. Charles Hall receives award for energy education
Dr. Charles Hall, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was recognized for excellence in energy education.
Hall, a professor in the college's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, received the Matthew R. Simmons / M. King Hubbert Award for Excellence in Energy Education from the Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas (ASPO-USA). The award recognizes Hall's work on Energy Return on Energy Investment (EROI), the ratio of the energy delivered by a process to the energy used directly and indirectly in that process
The award was presented at ASPO's annual meeting in Austin, Texas.
Hall is a systems ecologist with an interest in energy, biophysical economics and the links between energy and society.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210