ESF Named Top Environmental Programs College
College places second on list of environmental schools
Mother Nature Network has ranked the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) ESF second on a list of the Top 10 Best College Environmental Programs in the United States.
The colleges listed offer a range of environmental programs and often incorporate sustainability into all aspects of their curriculum.
Mother Nature Network noted ESF "handles more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate program choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering. Research takes priority, too, with faculty working on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology, and genetic engineering - around the world."
ESF is the only SUNY institution on the list, which includes Cornell University, Duke University and Yale.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210