ESF Named Top Environmental Programs College
College places second on list of environmental schools
Mother Nature Network has ranked the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) ESF second on a list of the Top 10 Best College Environmental Programs in the United States.
The colleges listed offer a range of environmental programs and often incorporate sustainability into all aspects of their curriculum.
Mother Nature Network noted ESF "handles more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate program choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering. Research takes priority, too, with faculty working on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology, and genetic engineering - around the world."
ESF is the only SUNY institution on the list, which includes Cornell University, Duke University and Yale.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210