ESF Named Top Environmental Programs College
College places second on list of environmental schools
Mother Nature Network has ranked the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) ESF second on a list of the Top 10 Best College Environmental Programs in the United States.
The colleges listed offer a range of environmental programs and often incorporate sustainability into all aspects of their curriculum.
Mother Nature Network noted ESF "handles more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate program choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering. Research takes priority, too, with faculty working on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology, and genetic engineering - around the world."
ESF is the only SUNY institution on the list, which includes Cornell University, Duke University and Yale.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210