ESF Named Top Environmental Programs College
College places second on list of environmental schools
Mother Nature Network has ranked the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) ESF second on a list of the Top 10 Best College Environmental Programs in the United States.
The colleges listed offer a range of environmental programs and often incorporate sustainability into all aspects of their curriculum.
Mother Nature Network noted ESF "handles more than 25,000 acres of land in Central New York and the Adirondack Park, where nearly 2,500 students in the graduate and undergraduate program choose majors as specific as aquatic and fisheries science, construction management, forest ecosystem science, paper engineering, and bioprocess engineering. Research takes priority, too, with faculty working on more than 450 projects - including wildlife disease prevention, nanotechnology, and genetic engineering - around the world."
ESF is the only SUNY institution on the list, which includes Cornell University, Duke University and Yale.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210