Monday, May 20, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
- ESF Professor Earns Highest Faculty Honor
ESF Basketball Team Falls to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Mighty Oaks fight back to tie but lose by 10
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team lost a hard-fought contest Jan. 10 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 58-68.
The lead changed hands many times before the first half finally ended with the Mountain Lions' 27-32 lead. ESF battled back with aggressive defense to tie the score 49-49 with just over 10 minutes to play. In the end, Penn State offensive rebounds and missed layups by the Mighty Oaks led to the Lions' win.
ESF was led by sophomore Danny MacElrath's 16 points, four rebounds, and three assists and junior Brett Zimmerman's 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks travel to New York City to play Berkeley College (N.Y.) and NYU Polytech Jan. 20 and 21, respectively.