ESF Basketball Team Falls to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Mighty Oaks fight back to tie but lose by 10
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team lost a hard-fought contest Jan. 10 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 58-68.
The lead changed hands many times before the first half finally ended with the Mountain Lions' 27-32 lead. ESF battled back with aggressive defense to tie the score 49-49 with just over 10 minutes to play. In the end, Penn State offensive rebounds and missed layups by the Mighty Oaks led to the Lions' win.
ESF was led by sophomore Danny MacElrath's 16 points, four rebounds, and three assists and junior Brett Zimmerman's 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks travel to New York City to play Berkeley College (N.Y.) and NYU Polytech Jan. 20 and 21, respectively.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210