ESF Basketball Team Falls to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Mighty Oaks fight back to tie but lose by 10
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team lost a hard-fought contest Jan. 10 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 58-68.
The lead changed hands many times before the first half finally ended with the Mountain Lions' 27-32 lead. ESF battled back with aggressive defense to tie the score 49-49 with just over 10 minutes to play. In the end, Penn State offensive rebounds and missed layups by the Mighty Oaks led to the Lions' win.
ESF was led by sophomore Danny MacElrath's 16 points, four rebounds, and three assists and junior Brett Zimmerman's 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks travel to New York City to play Berkeley College (N.Y.) and NYU Polytech Jan. 20 and 21, respectively.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210