ESF Basketball Team Falls to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Mighty Oaks fight back to tie but lose by 10
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team lost a hard-fought contest Jan. 10 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 58-68.
The lead changed hands many times before the first half finally ended with the Mountain Lions' 27-32 lead. ESF battled back with aggressive defense to tie the score 49-49 with just over 10 minutes to play. In the end, Penn State offensive rebounds and missed layups by the Mighty Oaks led to the Lions' win.
ESF was led by sophomore Danny MacElrath's 16 points, four rebounds, and three assists and junior Brett Zimmerman's 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks travel to New York City to play Berkeley College (N.Y.) and NYU Polytech Jan. 20 and 21, respectively.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210