ESF Basketball Team Falls to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Mighty Oaks fight back to tie but lose by 10
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team lost a hard-fought contest Jan. 10 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 58-68.
The lead changed hands many times before the first half finally ended with the Mountain Lions' 27-32 lead. ESF battled back with aggressive defense to tie the score 49-49 with just over 10 minutes to play. In the end, Penn State offensive rebounds and missed layups by the Mighty Oaks led to the Lions' win.
ESF was led by sophomore Danny MacElrath's 16 points, four rebounds, and three assists and junior Brett Zimmerman's 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks travel to New York City to play Berkeley College (N.Y.) and NYU Polytech Jan. 20 and 21, respectively.
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210