Thursday, December 19, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Emerita Faculty Member Earns Honorary Degree
- "Discover Earth's Species - Before It's Too Late"
- GCI Upgrades ESF’s Capacity for Composting
- EPA Awards $345,000 to Protect Wetlands in New York
- Rosen Fellowships Take ESF Students into the Field
ESF Basketball Team Falls to Penn State Wilkes-Barre
Mighty Oaks fight back to tie but lose by 10
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team lost a hard-fought contest Jan. 10 against Penn State Wilkes-Barre, 58-68.
The lead changed hands many times before the first half finally ended with the Mountain Lions' 27-32 lead. ESF battled back with aggressive defense to tie the score 49-49 with just over 10 minutes to play. In the end, Penn State offensive rebounds and missed layups by the Mighty Oaks led to the Lions' win.
ESF was led by sophomore Danny MacElrath's 16 points, four rebounds, and three assists and junior Brett Zimmerman's 10 points and eight rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks travel to New York City to play Berkeley College (N.Y.) and NYU Polytech Jan. 20 and 21, respectively.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210