ESF's DeBaise is Featured Poet in Syracuse Poster Project
Poem accompanied by artwork displayed in city of Syracuse
SYRACUSE - Janine DeBaise, writing program and environmental studies faculty member at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is a featured poet in this year's Syracuse Poster Project.
Her poem, a haiku that reads, "Amidst the chatter/and clink of white coffee mugs/I drink your voice in," was paired with graphic art design by Emily Meluch. The poster is currently on display throughout the Syracuse downtown area. This is the fourth year DeBaise's poetry has been selected for inclusion in the Project.
The Poster Project generates community and sense of place through poster art. Each poster features an illustrated poem about the downtown, the city, or the nearby countryside. The Project enlivens the downtown, strengthens the city's sense of place, and adds to its value by selling poster prints. A complete list of posters can be found at http://www.posterproject.org
The Syracuse Poster Project, founded in 2001, brings together community poets and Syracuse University artists to create an annual series of illustrated poetry posters.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210