ESF's DeBaise is Featured Poet in Syracuse Poster Project
Poem accompanied by artwork displayed in city of Syracuse
SYRACUSE - Janine DeBaise, writing program and environmental studies faculty member at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is a featured poet in this year's Syracuse Poster Project.
Her poem, a haiku that reads, "Amidst the chatter/and clink of white coffee mugs/I drink your voice in," was paired with graphic art design by Emily Meluch. The poster is currently on display throughout the Syracuse downtown area. This is the fourth year DeBaise's poetry has been selected for inclusion in the Project.
The Poster Project generates community and sense of place through poster art. Each poster features an illustrated poem about the downtown, the city, or the nearby countryside. The Project enlivens the downtown, strengthens the city's sense of place, and adds to its value by selling poster prints. A complete list of posters can be found at http://www.posterproject.org
The Syracuse Poster Project, founded in 2001, brings together community poets and Syracuse University artists to create an annual series of illustrated poetry posters.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210