ESF's DeBaise is Featured Poet in Syracuse Poster Project
Poem accompanied by artwork displayed in city of Syracuse
SYRACUSE - Janine DeBaise, writing program and environmental studies faculty member at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is a featured poet in this year's Syracuse Poster Project.
Her poem, a haiku that reads, "Amidst the chatter/and clink of white coffee mugs/I drink your voice in," was paired with graphic art design by Emily Meluch. The poster is currently on display throughout the Syracuse downtown area. This is the fourth year DeBaise's poetry has been selected for inclusion in the Project.
The Poster Project generates community and sense of place through poster art. Each poster features an illustrated poem about the downtown, the city, or the nearby countryside. The Project enlivens the downtown, strengthens the city's sense of place, and adds to its value by selling poster prints. A complete list of posters can be found at http://www.posterproject.org
The Syracuse Poster Project, founded in 2001, brings together community poets and Syracuse University artists to create an annual series of illustrated poetry posters.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210