ESF's DeBaise is Featured Poet in Syracuse Poster Project
Poem accompanied by artwork displayed in city of Syracuse
SYRACUSE - Janine DeBaise, writing program and environmental studies faculty member at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is a featured poet in this year's Syracuse Poster Project.
Her poem, a haiku that reads, "Amidst the chatter/and clink of white coffee mugs/I drink your voice in," was paired with graphic art design by Emily Meluch. The poster is currently on display throughout the Syracuse downtown area. This is the fourth year DeBaise's poetry has been selected for inclusion in the Project.
The Poster Project generates community and sense of place through poster art. Each poster features an illustrated poem about the downtown, the city, or the nearby countryside. The Project enlivens the downtown, strengthens the city's sense of place, and adds to its value by selling poster prints. A complete list of posters can be found at http://www.posterproject.org
The Syracuse Poster Project, founded in 2001, brings together community poets and Syracuse University artists to create an annual series of illustrated poetry posters.
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210