Friday, May 24, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
ESF's DeBaise is Featured Poet in Syracuse Poster Project
Poem accompanied by artwork displayed in city of Syracuse
SYRACUSE - Janine DeBaise, writing program and environmental studies faculty member at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), is a featured poet in this year's Syracuse Poster Project.
Her poem, a haiku that reads, "Amidst the chatter/and clink of white coffee mugs/I drink your voice in," was paired with graphic art design by Emily Meluch. The poster is currently on display throughout the Syracuse downtown area. This is the fourth year DeBaise's poetry has been selected for inclusion in the Project.
The Poster Project generates community and sense of place through poster art. Each poster features an illustrated poem about the downtown, the city, or the nearby countryside. The Project enlivens the downtown, strengthens the city's sense of place, and adds to its value by selling poster prints. A complete list of posters can be found at http://www.posterproject.org
The Syracuse Poster Project, founded in 2001, brings together community poets and Syracuse University artists to create an annual series of illustrated poetry posters.