Mighty Oaks Drop One to Cazenovia
Team hampered by poor second-half
The ESF men's basketball team dropped a local contest against Cazenovia College 98-57 Jan. 27.
The first half was close until a 14-6 run in the final four minutes put the Wildcats up 43-29. The Mighty Oaks were plagued in the second half by bad shooting, with a season low 19 percent, and the were outscored 55-28 in the second half. Free throw shooting was also troublesome, as the team sank 14 of 28.
Freshman Sage Beemer led the Mighty Oaks in points and boards with 12 and 7, respectively.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Saturday as they travel to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, N.Y. to take on the Steels.
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210