Mighty Oaks Drop One to Cazenovia
Team hampered by poor second-half
The ESF men's basketball team dropped a local contest against Cazenovia College 98-57 Jan. 27.
The first half was close until a 14-6 run in the final four minutes put the Wildcats up 43-29. The Mighty Oaks were plagued in the second half by bad shooting, with a season low 19 percent, and the were outscored 55-28 in the second half. Free throw shooting was also troublesome, as the team sank 14 of 28.
Freshman Sage Beemer led the Mighty Oaks in points and boards with 12 and 7, respectively.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Saturday as they travel to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, N.Y. to take on the Steels.
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210