Mighty Oaks Drop One to Cazenovia
Team hampered by poor second-half
The ESF men's basketball team dropped a local contest against Cazenovia College 98-57 Jan. 27.
The first half was close until a 14-6 run in the final four minutes put the Wildcats up 43-29. The Mighty Oaks were plagued in the second half by bad shooting, with a season low 19 percent, and the were outscored 55-28 in the second half. Free throw shooting was also troublesome, as the team sank 14 of 28.
Freshman Sage Beemer led the Mighty Oaks in points and boards with 12 and 7, respectively.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Saturday as they travel to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, N.Y. to take on the Steels.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210