Mighty Oaks Drop One to Cazenovia
Team hampered by poor second-half
The ESF men's basketball team dropped a local contest against Cazenovia College 98-57 Jan. 27.
The first half was close until a 14-6 run in the final four minutes put the Wildcats up 43-29. The Mighty Oaks were plagued in the second half by bad shooting, with a season low 19 percent, and the were outscored 55-28 in the second half. Free throw shooting was also troublesome, as the team sank 14 of 28.
Freshman Sage Beemer led the Mighty Oaks in points and boards with 12 and 7, respectively.
The Mighty Oaks return to action Saturday as they travel to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, N.Y. to take on the Steels.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210