Mighty Oaks Drop Close Game to Paul Smith's
Zimmerman scores 18 in loss
The ESF Mighty Oaks basketball team lost a close game at Paul Smith's College Jan. 11.
The Mighty Oaks ended the first half cold, shooting just 30 percent, and were behind 44-26 by halftime. They climbed back quickly, though, forcing six turnovers and pulled ahead, 60-59.
With less than two minutes to play, the score was tied at 71. But Paul Smith's pulled ahead, fueled by success at the foul line, as ESF came up short on two layups that would have evened the score, and the Bobcats walked away with a 79-73 victory.
ESF was led by junior Brett Zimmerman, who had a team high and season's best 18 points along with 8 rebounds. Freshman Sage Beemer chipped in 15 points and seven rebounds and sophomore Danny MacElrath turned in another double-double of 13 points, and 10 boards.
The Mighty Oaks will wrap up their inaugural varsity season at home against the New School at Christian Brothers Academy on Senior Day, Feb. 16.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210