Mighty Oaks Drop Close Game to Paul Smith's
Zimmerman scores 18 in loss
The ESF Mighty Oaks basketball team lost a close game at Paul Smith's College Jan. 11.
The Mighty Oaks ended the first half cold, shooting just 30 percent, and were behind 44-26 by halftime. They climbed back quickly, though, forcing six turnovers and pulled ahead, 60-59.
With less than two minutes to play, the score was tied at 71. But Paul Smith's pulled ahead, fueled by success at the foul line, as ESF came up short on two layups that would have evened the score, and the Bobcats walked away with a 79-73 victory.
ESF was led by junior Brett Zimmerman, who had a team high and season's best 18 points along with 8 rebounds. Freshman Sage Beemer chipped in 15 points and seven rebounds and sophomore Danny MacElrath turned in another double-double of 13 points, and 10 boards.
The Mighty Oaks will wrap up their inaugural varsity season at home against the New School at Christian Brothers Academy on Senior Day, Feb. 16.
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210