Saturday, May 25, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
SUNY-ESF to Screen ‘Switch’
Movie examines change from fossil fuels to sustainable energy
Switch, the movie that examines the shift from fossil fuels to sustainable energy, will be screened at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry April 11.
Switch looks at what it "takes to go from energy that built our world to the energy that will shape our future," according to the film's maker.
Switch will be shown 6:30 p.m. April 11 in the college's Gateway Center located on Forestry Drive.
The transition from coal and oil to the energies of tomorrow is the subject of Switch. Rather than advocate for how it should happen, Switch travels the world to discover how it most likely will happen. Switch focuses on practical realities and encourages a balanced understanding. The movie is also about changing the way we use energy to realize the many economic and environmental benefits of efficiency.