SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Law, Brackman receive Chancellor's Award
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
Eugene P. Law of Syracuse and Aislinn Brackman of Syracuse received the honor which includes framed certificates and medallions that can be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Law is a senior environmental resources engineering major. Among his many accomplishments, he is the undergraduate representative to the ESF Board of Trustees, the ESF representative to the Syracuse University Student Association and a brother of Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity and served as president of the ESF Undergraduate Student Association. He has served as an orientation leader and peer mentor and is listed in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Brackman is a senior paper and bioprocess engineering major. Her many accomplishments include serving as president and treasurer of the Undergraduate Student Association and as a member of the Empire Forester yearbook staff and the Green Campus Initiative. She has received numerous scholarships, was the student keynote speaker for he Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation annual meeting and volunteers at Vera House and the Guardian Angel Society.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210