SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Law, Brackman receive Chancellor's Award
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
Eugene P. Law of Syracuse and Aislinn Brackman of Syracuse received the honor which includes framed certificates and medallions that can be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Law is a senior environmental resources engineering major. Among his many accomplishments, he is the undergraduate representative to the ESF Board of Trustees, the ESF representative to the Syracuse University Student Association and a brother of Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity and served as president of the ESF Undergraduate Student Association. He has served as an orientation leader and peer mentor and is listed in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Brackman is a senior paper and bioprocess engineering major. Her many accomplishments include serving as president and treasurer of the Undergraduate Student Association and as a member of the Empire Forester yearbook staff and the Green Campus Initiative. She has received numerous scholarships, was the student keynote speaker for he Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation annual meeting and volunteers at Vera House and the Guardian Angel Society.
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
- Annual Value of Trees? $500 Million Per Megacity, Study Says
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Sierra Club Puts ESF among Nation’s Top ‘Cool Schools’
- NSF Grant Funds ESF Ecologist’s Gypsy Moth Research
- ESF Listed among Princeton Review’s Best 382 Colleges for 2018
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210