SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Law, Brackman receive Chancellor's Award
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
Eugene P. Law of Syracuse and Aislinn Brackman of Syracuse received the honor which includes framed certificates and medallions that can be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Law is a senior environmental resources engineering major. Among his many accomplishments, he is the undergraduate representative to the ESF Board of Trustees, the ESF representative to the Syracuse University Student Association and a brother of Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity and served as president of the ESF Undergraduate Student Association. He has served as an orientation leader and peer mentor and is listed in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Brackman is a senior paper and bioprocess engineering major. Her many accomplishments include serving as president and treasurer of the Undergraduate Student Association and as a member of the Empire Forester yearbook staff and the Green Campus Initiative. She has received numerous scholarships, was the student keynote speaker for he Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation annual meeting and volunteers at Vera House and the Guardian Angel Society.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210