SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Law, Brackman receive Chancellor's Award
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
Eugene P. Law of Syracuse and Aislinn Brackman of Syracuse received the honor which includes framed certificates and medallions that can be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Law is a senior environmental resources engineering major. Among his many accomplishments, he is the undergraduate representative to the ESF Board of Trustees, the ESF representative to the Syracuse University Student Association and a brother of Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity and served as president of the ESF Undergraduate Student Association. He has served as an orientation leader and peer mentor and is listed in Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Brackman is a senior paper and bioprocess engineering major. Her many accomplishments include serving as president and treasurer of the Undergraduate Student Association and as a member of the Empire Forester yearbook staff and the Green Campus Initiative. She has received numerous scholarships, was the student keynote speaker for he Syracuse Pulp and Paper Foundation annual meeting and volunteers at Vera House and the Guardian Angel Society.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210