Lawler's 'Burrowed Time' Nominated for Best Poem of the Year
Bumper year for ESF's resident poet laureate
Patrick Lawler's poem, "Living on Burrowed Time", has been nominated for the 2009 Rhysling Award for Best Poem of the Year (long form) by the Science Fiction Poetry Association. The poem was published in Blackbird: An Online Journal of Literature and the Arts, in 2008. Lawler, Associate Professor of Environmental Studies at ESF, and ESF Writing Program faculty member, has had a bumper year for his work: his poetry collection, Breathe: A Word of It, was a finalist for both the Cleveland State and Plieiades Press poetry competitions; and his poem, "Child Sings in the Womb", was a finalist in the Colorado Prize for poetry.
- Farther from the Forest: ‘Eye-opening’ Study Shows Rural U.S. Loses Forests Faster than Cities
- ESF Professor Awarded Research Grant
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210