ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
Award recognizes athletic, academic excellence
ESF student Zachary Kalette has received the Chancellor's Scholar Athlete Award.
Kalette, a member of ESF's basketball team, is a senior in the college's five-year landscape architecture program. He is a resident of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director, and their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office. Sixty-six student athletes received the award this year.
"These outstanding students are SUNY champions not only in their chosen sports but also in our classrooms, with an average GPA of 3.59 among them," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to this year's honorees, to the professors and coaches who mentored them, and to the many faculty and staff on our campuses across the state who supported them."
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210