ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
Award recognizes athletic, academic excellence
ESF student Zachary Kalette has received the Chancellor's Scholar Athlete Award.
Kalette, a member of ESF's basketball team, is a senior in the college's five-year landscape architecture program. He is a resident of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director, and their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office. Sixty-six student athletes received the award this year.
"These outstanding students are SUNY champions not only in their chosen sports but also in our classrooms, with an average GPA of 3.59 among them," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to this year's honorees, to the professors and coaches who mentored them, and to the many faculty and staff on our campuses across the state who supported them."
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210