ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
Award recognizes athletic, academic excellence
ESF student Zachary Kalette has received the Chancellor's Scholar Athlete Award.
Kalette, a member of ESF's basketball team, is a senior in the college's five-year landscape architecture program. He is a resident of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director, and their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office. Sixty-six student athletes received the award this year.
"These outstanding students are SUNY champions not only in their chosen sports but also in our classrooms, with an average GPA of 3.59 among them," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to this year's honorees, to the professors and coaches who mentored them, and to the many faculty and staff on our campuses across the state who supported them."
- Oakie Flies into Final Four
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-Le Moyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210