ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
Award recognizes athletic, academic excellence
ESF student Zachary Kalette has received the Chancellor's Scholar Athlete Award.
Kalette, a member of ESF's basketball team, is a senior in the college's five-year landscape architecture program. He is a resident of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director, and their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office. Sixty-six student athletes received the award this year.
"These outstanding students are SUNY champions not only in their chosen sports but also in our classrooms, with an average GPA of 3.59 among them," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to this year's honorees, to the professors and coaches who mentored them, and to the many faculty and staff on our campuses across the state who supported them."
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210