ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
Award recognizes athletic, academic excellence
ESF student Zachary Kalette has received the Chancellor's Scholar Athlete Award.
Kalette, a member of ESF's basketball team, is a senior in the college's five-year landscape architecture program. He is a resident of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Student athletes are nominated by their campus athletic director, and their credentials and accomplishments are then reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office. Sixty-six student athletes received the award this year.
"These outstanding students are SUNY champions not only in their chosen sports but also in our classrooms, with an average GPA of 3.59 among them," said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. "Congratulations to this year's honorees, to the professors and coaches who mentored them, and to the many faculty and staff on our campuses across the state who supported them."
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210