ESF Highlighted in Green Travel List
College aids Syracuse’s designation as good for green travelers
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was recently featured on nerdtravel.com in an article highlighting America's Best Destinations for Green Travelers.
According to the website, 44 percent of travelers look for environmentally friendly programs when choosing destinations. Cities that have a plethora of nature and eco-friendly initiatives and activities were selected for the list.
ESF's reputation for sustainability and the student-run Green Campus Initiative to reduce waste, provide sustainability training and implement green practices on campus helped put Syracuse on the green traveler's map. The site also mentioned the Syracuse Center of Excellence, in which ESF is a partner, for its efforts to foster environmental and energy technologies to build sustainable urban environments. ESF's neighbor and longtime partner, Syracuse University, also gets a nod for its Sustainability Division and the farmers market it hosts to promote local produce.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210