ESF Highlighted in Green Travel List
College aids Syracuse’s designation as good for green travelers
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was recently featured on nerdtravel.com in an article highlighting America's Best Destinations for Green Travelers.
According to the website, 44 percent of travelers look for environmentally friendly programs when choosing destinations. Cities that have a plethora of nature and eco-friendly initiatives and activities were selected for the list.
ESF's reputation for sustainability and the student-run Green Campus Initiative to reduce waste, provide sustainability training and implement green practices on campus helped put Syracuse on the green traveler's map. The site also mentioned the Syracuse Center of Excellence, in which ESF is a partner, for its efforts to foster environmental and energy technologies to build sustainable urban environments. ESF's neighbor and longtime partner, Syracuse University, also gets a nod for its Sustainability Division and the farmers market it hosts to promote local produce.
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210